All time cheapest AA flashlight?

Do not waste $0.60 on these!

I originally posted this because I previously noted some members lusting over this light in a forum. They were disappointed that they had missed out on an offer by a vendor for this light at $1.98. I knew they were available at home depot previously for $1. They didn’t sell so they were on clearance for .60. My wife and I had just refinished our dining room table and I knew they were going to photograph well on it. The post was done sort of done tounge in cheek, as a goof. My point was that if you are going to be disappointed is it better to spend a lot or a little?

BTW, these lights included the battery, and yes they are not very bright. Some members here regard highly a “moonbeam glow” mode on their flashlights, and are willing to pay extra for it. No flashlight can fill all needs. This light does have some usefulness. Just not very often.

You have to admit, they at least photograph well!

Just shows what people think about flashlights ..I'd like to see some interesting plastic flashlights .

I've seen some really smart people whip out some really bad trash

Sounds like O-L can teach us another lesson . . .

After reading that I could only imagine you and the cat both rolling over and laughing after you hit send. My turn.

I have bought some tens of those “1$ eBay” lights. They work pretty well on arrival but clickies don´t last long.
Batteries however last pretty long time…

Sipik is the standard for cheap yet acceptable quality. Hard to think good reasons to go lower than that…

Well for $0.60 you could get buy 10 of them and tape them together. It still wouldn’t be as bright as a Sipik 68 however. LOL!

The funny thing is, even at $0.60 they are still disappointing. You can buy 10 Fauxtons for $5 and even they are brighter. That shows how bad they are.

The only use I could think for these would be to place them all over the house. That way if the AC mains goes out you can quickly find one. Then you would have enough light to hunt for your REAL flashlights. I also keep a similar cheapie next the the thermostat in the house. That way I don’t have to turn on the hall light and risk waking up my kids when checking the thermostat settings in the middle of the night. In fact, you probably couldn’t wake up a hypersensitive kid by shining one of these directly into their eyes.

I seem to have missed your review on these sb. Can you give us a link?

That’s a laugh really. 60 cents?
Was $1… :smiley:

Too bad they won’t ship for free worldwide :stuck_out_tongue:
So it’s useless to many.

Would get one otherwise.

That looks like a darn good deal for 60 cents, too bad it was a year ago.