All-Time Favorite Single AA (Alkaline or NiMH) Light

#1 - EagleTac D25A Clicky - XP-G2 R4 NW
#2 - ITP A2 EOS - Cree XP-E Q5

So far my favorite is my Nitecore MT1-A. Just recently got it and it fits perfect for an EDC light. I have a Thrunite Saber 1A enroute however and it will fall into EDC as well.

Civictor V1.

Since mine died I really wish someone would make something with its specs again- head twist, single medium output mode, spring, knurled head & body, tailstandable 1xAA.

+1 on the quark AA. What I have is the Quark PRO QPA Gen2 model. Great AA light. Love its moonlight mode.

Second would by Supbeam L10. Simple, small and did I say it has moonlight mode.

Third would be my Spark SG5. Everyone needs a headlight right? And, it has moonlight mode…

What makes the SC51 worth twice the price of the T10?

I have a half dozen single AA’s and the T10 is what is in my “bag” primarily for the firefly mode. The car and table lights have a decent amount of light but if I had to have one, and only one light, the firefly mode would make the deciding factor to me. I figure I will get further walking slower with firefly than I will walking faster then stopping once the batteries run out.

My biggest gripe about the T10 is you have to remember to turn it a quarter turn when you turn it off or it can turn it self on in your pocket. But that’s not unusual for a twisty.

Come on folks, this is BLF……………… Sipik SK68

Right now for a AA light it has to be the 4-mode (firefly) L3 Illumination L10 Nichia 219 with the side clip.

That SC52 sounds most impressive, many modes, and the brightest available output, and its not very expensive, just more then the cheap junk we can buy

I'd have to go with Xeno e03 since that's what pulled me into this hobby. It's a nice light with a bad driver. Unfortunately the price hasn't come down, and it's not available as a host, so I only have one instead of many.

What makes the SC52 series worth so much?

• Brightest 1xAA light available (or very close to it, anyway).
  • Also has the dimmest modes for a 1xAA light, and a selection of three firefly/moon modes.
  • Longest runtime of any 1xAA on the market at nearly all levels… up to 3 months on the dimmest mode. This is the battery-miser I’d want with me during a zombie apocalypse.
  • True current-controlled output on all levels.
  • Many levels to choose from, to let you balance runtime with brightness.
  • The output levels are identical on AA and 14500, except for an added turbo mode on Li-ion.
  • Instant access to both high and low, nearly-instant access to medium.
  • Toughest anodizing available, nearly bulletproof compared to most anodized aluminum lights.
  • Very small size (though not as small as a L3 L10), with good grip.
  • Very nice screw-on clip.
  • Comes in cool or neutral white with traditional or frosted lens.

However, it also has some downsides:

• The best tints available are merely okay, not great. I think it may be due to the AR-coated lens messing with the color. However, I think the latest models may have improved this.
  • Not moddable. Sealed, glued, potted, etc.
  • Ugly military appearance (depends on taste).
  • The UI is a bit complicated.
  • Relatively high price.

In any case, I consider the SC52* and H52* to be among the very best 1xAA lights available… with others including the L3 L10-219, TN T10S/T10T, and perhaps some flavors of the D25A.

If I could only keep one, it’d probably be my H52Fw. It’s the most versatile and practical light in my collection. But of course I couldn’t keep just one. :slight_smile:

My. MTE C3-907

Its a recoil ( I think)— so the beam can be too narrow for up close work,
—but that gives it good throw for such a small tube light.
—It is very tough “bullet proof” construction
—Lots of versatile modes

Shes not pretty- but she always works.

A big shout out to CheapThrills—who gifted me this light, with other parts &
doo-dads in a giveaway nearly 2 years ago!

[quote=ToyKeeper]

the two things that kept me from buying a SC52 is the ugly host and price.

EagleTac D25A….

For me my perfect 1 x AA flashlight was and is the Fenix E11 simple 2 mode Hi 115/Lo 35 lumen light controled by twisting the head and a forward clicky for on and off. It was excellent quality bombproof reliable and cheap, then some prat at Fenix new and improved it to the E12.

No matter what when i see upgraded or new and improved my first reaction is what have they F’ed up now, be be it pizza or a flashlight, in the case of the E12 no forward clicky and no mode memory, as least it starts in low mode all the time (8 lumens).

The E11 was the ideal gift light for the none flashoholic it was affordable, excellent quality, bombproof reliable and simple, infact most of my family have 2 of them. I have 7 of them myself 4 MKI and 3 MKII’s.

So the moral of this drawn out whinge is if you find the perfect light or anything for that matter, ffs stock up before some dickhead buggers it up by “improving” it.

hahahaha :bigsmile:

Anyway, my preference goes to Fenix E11, like Wolf359 :slight_smile:

+1
Very quality flashlight. I’ve bought it after 2 Trustfire, and the difference is like day and night.
The only cons (little) is not too much spaced from high to low. Ah, it’s cheap too, for a quality light.