Almost finished SST-90 direct drive 15amps

Wow….
Awesome job!

Well, there are beams…… and then there are BEAMS!... Thats a BEAMBEAMBEAM!!

I’ll bet that little tree thought the sun came up really early!!! Ha!

Nice!! Dan.

15A SSt-90 :heart_eyes: wow, impressive, it looks like a lightsaber. how long can you run this beast at full blast without heat starting to be a problem?

hows the heat issues ? does that head actually screws into the maglite ?

Thanks for all of the kind comments guys, the light is driven directly via 4c nimh. The light is switched via a fet which stops the mags own switch from melting under the load :).

Now with regards to heat i’ve only ran the light for about 5mins so far and after that the head gets nice and warm :slight_smile: but theres still plenty of mag to grab hold of.

attitud, The mags head has been adapted to take the new head with some JB weld to fix the larger black head to the maglite.

Also i thought i would point out this has all been achieved WITHOUT a lathe, which is the reason for the heatsink being smaller than the mag body that was the closest i could get. The heatsink has since been wrapped in copper tape to form a snug fit and the wires for the led run through the inside of the heatsink.

Nice work on the maglight, thanks for sharing!

If anyone is looking for a head like this, the top of the head from the X6 will actually screw right onto a mag head in place of the bezel.

That’s really useful to know, tks Scaru! In fact seeing Charlesstt new reflector actually inspired me to try harder in dismantling the bezel off my solarforce masterpiece pro1 head to finally defog the underneath of its lens!