Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

I’m guessing that Rayovac pack likely had a built-in balancer.

Very easy to check the voltage of the 2 batts before plowing anything up. Could be right about the 2P setup.

Yep, very easy.

But, if it is a 2P configuration, then you HAVE to use their pack if you want to use the stock LED and driver. Either that or get a 26650 dummy cell. If folks plan to use two of their own 26650s with the stock configuration, they will likely let the smoke out. Since $13.50 is about the price of one good firework here, I guess it would not be too much of a loss :slight_smile:

Shoot, I was thinking of giving this away as a gift, but I missed the weird battery pack. Guess I’ll be stuck with it

Tupac for $12.
WOOT!

I got the everbeam E90 today

(everbeam E90, Nicron N7, Rofis R2, Manker E03)

UI:

• Click for on
  • Press and hold (about 2s) for off
  • Starts in High mode with no memory.
  • Click to cycle modes: High - Medium - Low - Strobe - SOS
  • It has SST20 6500K emitter in a smooth reflector (18.22mmx11.55mm) As expected its green tinted. It sits on a thin aluminum mcpcb (which is typical for aa lights)
  • PWM is not visible in camera on high, low modes PWM is very high and barely noticeable.
  • Deep reversible pocket clip is very nice to have but it’s not super stiff
  • The aluminum bezel was unglued. Mcpcb has good amount of white thermal paste. Fits standard 16mm mcpcb.
  • It has a shelf but there’s a small dimple in the center (not ideal but I’ve seen this other low power lights)
  • The lens is plastic. 19mm x 1.5mm lens will fit.
  • The switch is held by unglued retaining ring.
  • Tail cap is anodized so mechanical lockout is possible. The spring is off centered probably from manufacture which is odd.
  • The driver is held in place by an unglued retaining ring

Positives

• Roughly same brightness as Nicron N7
  • Roughly same dimensions as Nicron N7 ( These are enormous AA lights btw)
  • PWM is barely perceptible.
  • The UI is acceptable.
  • Easy to mod

Cons

• Cool white green tint emitter.
  • Some reviews mentions weak magnet, I noticed that too. It can hold itself but N7 has much stronger magnet.
  • High, medium and low output is spaced much better using 14500s.
  • Press and hold for off
  • It’s massive for an AA light

Compared to Nicron N7 which is not very mod friendly. This is a decent alternative.

I don’t see green tint on mine. I see more purple on the lower modes. Magnet hold strong to a file cabinet.
Yes, clip is a little weak and it is long for a AA light.
Sure does look and feel nice though.
And yes the UI is acceptable.

Thanks for the everbeam info! My AlpsWolf shipped so should be here tomorrow. I'll report on it, and exactly how the batts are configured.

It’d be cool if they’d make one of these convertible 90 degree lights with a good UI and LED. I’m sure Sofirn or Lumintop could build one of these.

Foscam Webcam for $16!

https://www.myvipon.com/product/8540362

Foscam is a well respected brand for surveillance cameras, and this webcam has 4.4 stars on Amazon, so this could be a tremendous deal.

If I needed another webcam, I would check this one out.

Just arrived. You and Tom were both correct. The cells are wired 2P, so I guess we have to use their battery pack or build a dummy cell, or replace the driver. I’ll see what others are
going to do, but for now I’ll try it out as is.

What is the reflector size? Good thrower or is it more flood?

[/quote]
What is the reflector size? Good thrower or is it more flood?
[/quote]

Reflector is 2-1/4” and should be a respectable thrower. Pretty deep reflector on this one.
The head seems to be glued on, so I can’t remove it to measure depth. I really like the look
and feel of this light and the easy to use side-switch. High-Low, and hold down for 3 sec for strobe.

Also, I get 3.68a on HIGH and over .9a on LOW mode.

Mine just arrived too. It's actually a decent beam, decent tint and well defined hot spot, though it has some artifact rings, probably from the protruding up centering piece. The top of the batt tube unthreads easily but couldn't budge the bezel by hand yet. I'll check it out in the office, take some measurements.

For the AlpsWolf K63:

On the batteries at ~4.0V, 1115 lumens on hi, 285 on low, 132 kcd taken at 5 meters on hi. 4.5 amps on hi, 1.08 amps on low.

Driver is 28.1 mm in diam, includes the charging circuitry, and includes a driver mounted switch.

Reflector I.D is about 57 mm and head diam is 70.7 mm.

I noticed something blocking the USB connector and realized it was a metal fragment. Tried to grab it with a tweezer and it fell in to the driver cavity -- not good, so I had to open it up. The piece is shown below, size compared with an e-switch:

Full view of the driver. Plenty of room for a sandwich driver, though losing the charging:

SFT40 would be near perfect for this light. Just above the LED appears to be a contaminant, think it's a loose particle of some sorts:

Tried opening the bezel with my sticky gloves and no luck. Need to get it on the bench with the strap wrench.

Don't expect much in quality - it's not a Convoy:

• crude pointy threads
  • black anodizing rubbed off at a few edges, almost as if the flashlight was used. There was no packing bags and the lanyard was already attached to the flashlight, thinking that was odd
  • the MCPCB appears to be mounted on a thin removable shelf, not a shelf that's one piece with the body
  • amps seem to depend greatly on resistance - press the battery down harder on the spring, amps goes up, etc... The good thing is you could probably bump the amps easily with bypasses, better LED wires, etc.

Strap wrench didn't work on the bezel, but, I could get the MCPCB out from underneath! It's a 25 mm MCPCB, alum, and really looks like an SST-40 possible 5700K or so.

Another clearer look at the driver:

Really surprised the threaded connection at the base of the reflector was relatively easy. Usually those are fully glued, or press fit with no threads:

Pecenda max10000 Lumens Ultra bright USB Type-C rechargeable flashlight

$19.99 USD before 2 x extra 20% off, limited 01/account.
Just received my order, very hard to open it, all glued together. Build-in battery is 3P of 18650 (no name on it), capacity around 2000mAH/cell.
I can’t open the head so don’t know type of LED yet. Driver looks well designed.
Looks very bright to me, I may upgrade batteries to Samsung or LG high drain cell …

$12, pretty good deal, though glue is downright evil!

You may need rubber strap wrench to open it, I tried mine with locking pliers and it looks terrible now!!! :person_facepalming:

How’s the portable bad? Is it any good, or actually, well, bad?

This Amazon listing for the Lumintop B01 bike light has a clickable 30% coupon.

It brings the price down to $28 before tax.