Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Pecenda max10000 Lumens Ultra bright USB Type-C rechargeable flashlight

$19.99 USD before 2 x extra 20% off, limited 01/account.
Just received my order, very hard to open it, all glued together. Build-in battery is 3P of 18650 (no name on it), capacity around 2000mAH/cell.
I canā€™t open the head so donā€™t know type of LED yet. Driver looks well designed.
Looks very bright to me, I may upgrade batteries to Samsung or LG high drain cell ā€¦

$12, pretty good deal, though glue is downright evil!

You may need rubber strap wrench to open it, I tried mine with locking pliers and it looks terrible now!!! :person_facepalming:

Howā€™s the portable bad? Is it any good, or actually, well, bad?

This Amazon listing for the Lumintop B01 bike light has a clickable 30% coupon.

It brings the price down to $28 before tax.

Obviously this thread had a big impact on your approach. :person_facepalming: :laughing:

PS. A Notta hot tipā€¦ā€¦.Try the rubber strap wrench FIRST. :laughing: :student: :open_mouth:

Ha ha, my bad!
But you knew it ā€¦ when flashlight arrived, I tried my best to open it immediately! :smiley: :person_facepalming:

Updated post #3851, keeping the K63 tear down info all together.

I got my everbeam E90 in today as well, I donā€™t know too much about lights but the UI is very simple high, med, low, strobe, sos. To turn off you hold the lighted button.
Good CRI compared to a very poor CRI light I have, maybe 5000k? the clip is alright, I have it on the tail end and it extends past the tailcap for super deep carry, pretty flimsy though and kinda pokey where it flares out to wrap around the tube.
Iā€™m not sure how robust the rotating head is but the light has a good feel to it. It would be nice to have detents on the rotating head.
I like how it takes AA, NIMH, or lithium.
Iā€™d rather it not have the blinky modes and instead have a slightly more complex UI with a momentary mode/lockout but for what it is the UI is fine. Also starting in low is better for this type UI imo.

12 123 for 21.
other deals, too.

Amazon would have to pay me to take Duraleaksā€¦ :wink:

Their CR123s arenā€™t typically worse than anyone elseā€™s.

Gas strut monitor mounting arm with 60% off clickable coupon brings the price down to $16 before taxes.

I couldnā€™t resist ordering one, and it should arrive tomorrow. Iā€™ll report my findings.

I have two similar mounts, an Ergotron model and an AmazonBasics model that I will compare this new one to.

Yeh, different chemistry, so shouldnā€™t be too bad other than overpriced even at ~2bux a pop.

For my KL02s, I got a bunch of those Li-cells with built-in converter. Theyā€™re low-stress enough that the cells should work fine, and when they fizzle out (or preferably before), just recharge ā€™em.

I wouldnā€™t go the 16340 route with the ā€™02s because thereā€™s no regulation otherā€™n a resistor, theyā€™d stress out the LED, and just plain overheat, in addition to having zero LVP.

The regulated 3V ones are about perfect for ā€™em.

I still got those Morpilot ā€™123sā€¦ somewhereā€¦ that I could use in a pinch, or even start burning ā€™em off rather than having them go to waste.

Damn ,this looks like a pretty DECENT light for under $30. I like the head/reflector size and throw. I have a bunch of SFT40's coming in, maybe ill grab this alpswolf and try one, and swap out some of the wires while im at it.

Just FYI - I don't know if you ever try this but i have had REALLY good results with this approach on Badly Glued on Bezels. -i have a Wagner dual temp 1200 watt (or so, cant remember exact model without going out to the barn) Heat gun, i just run it on the low setting on high output for a couple of minutes moving it aorund the head of the light. Then use think gritty rubber gloves (gardening gloves) so i dont brun my hands or scratch the bezel/head, and my success rate is well 100% lol. If you havent tried it, maybe consider. it works better than strap wrenches for me. Sometimes i have to put the head in the bench top vise after heating it, but it still works well. Ive rigged the bench top vise with high density foam wrapping jaws - gives good grip and protection

I've been using pine boards for the base in a vise, then a strap wrench - high success rate. Just think there's a lot of threads and the base is perfectly round so cant get a good clamp of pine on it.

Heat? Maybe...

Sorry it's the wrong spot but didn't want to make a separate thread.

Harbor freight has their Apache 3800 hard case for $30. B$M

LumenMax has a link to a collection of flashlight-related Prime Day deals in this thread.

I think theyā€™re affiliate links, in case that matters to some folks.

Amazon has some Prime Day deals on the LT1 in green, brown, and orange.

Price is about $66 with batteries, before tax.

These appear to be the ā€˜olderā€™ models that donā€™t have the power bank function.

The monitor arm arrived yesterday and I had a chance to set it up today. The coupon has since expired but I figured Iā€™d share my experience anyway.

This HUANUO model is roughly the same design as my Ergotron and AmazonBasics arms. There were a few Amazon reviews that mentioned stripped screws, but I didnā€™t have any issues with the hardware. The manual was surprisingly well done with good diagrams and written instructions.

The assembly was easy and Iā€™m impressed with the construction so far. This arm will be used at a desk with a 27ā€ monitor that weighs about 14 pounds, and the specs say it will support up to 26.5 pounds. I had to dial down the resistance of the gas strut to keep the monitor from floating upward on its own. The tilt and swivel settings are adjustable, but the stock settings work fine for this setup.

I havenā€™t shopped for a monitor arm for several years, and it seems there are now many to choose from for under $50. At $16, this one is great so far. Itā€™s on sale for Prime Day for $32 and Iā€™d still consider that a good deal.