Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Yup it is gone. It was there around noontime here in the heartland. I already have one but now wish I had grabbed a couple to stash in glove boxes.

So, What LED does it use? Thank you!

I don’t know. Utilitarian, not an “ooh and aah” light for sure. Solid, magnetic, rotates, inexpensive. I have had good luck with mine for a few years now. A very good deal for $10 or less I would say.

This is great, thank you. Build, features and switch quality are all better than my RovyVon Aurora!

Man that would have been a great deal on the Nicron….brought it back to what they USED to sell for. The price creep on that flashlight has been incredible (they were in the high-20s a few times!). It’s a great light, love it. I got my first one for $7.99 a few years back and another for $8.99. They did supposedly update the driver at some point but that didn’t make it a $18 or $25 light. That may have been just to get rid of the hz whine (which is very faint, but it’s there).

The ones I have are equipped with a Samsung LH351-flavor. I think maybe the B or C, not the D we are used to these days. That used to be stated in the listing, down below (if it still is)….on their website, too, for the global version (same thing other than the reeding/knurling on the host). Nice clean tint, though, around 5500K. The beam is a little ringy with the smooth reflector but dc-fix evens it out beautifully.

EDIT: I just looked. The Amazon listing still says “Samsung” on a lower graphic, but not the model. The B74 global version on their website now says it has a Cree XPL. So…I dunno. I can’t look at either of the ones I bought to help out.

Here’s details on disassembly (if you want to swap the led): Nicron B74 Review - #6 by eas

I tried DC-fix and 802 which did not make noticeable improvements.

I prefer Everbeam which is similar but more mod friendly. The price has skyrocket since I bought one. :person_facepalming:

I say dc-fix, but whatever I have is what Vinh is selling…it’s a nice film (you can see the pattern/texture on the second photo). Diffuser Vynl 4 Flashlight Lens - Sky Lumen

Thank you for the responses on the Nicron LED, BLFolks!

I had the Nicron page pulled up and was looking the 50% coupon right in the face. Then I looked at the recent reviews and some of them were not too good, so I passed. I bet I screwed up, huh?

Mine are several years old now. There’s a lot of chaff to sift through and ignore in amazon reviews of course, but there seems to be enough legit complaints that I wonder if they’re cheaped out an already cheap light. Might be a 50/50/50 deal now…percent and luck of the draw. lol. I also randomly noticed that there is now a US seller in Illinois (or Indiana?) named Nicron US Store or something like that. They have the red B47 model selling for $29. Not sur if that’s legit but the price sure isn’t…sheesh.

I fully agree. I’ve seen a number of Tarantino movies. Some I really liked, some not so much. But Pulp Fiction? Wow. He hit the mark, in so many ways. Story, screenplay, cast, locations, wardrobe, cars… It was magic. Light Bringer? Do yourself a favor and watch it! :smiley:

I have both the older Aurora A8 and the newer A5. I would not say this clone is any way better. In some respects, surprisingly similar in quality, like the casing, bezel, TIR, etc. Switch is OK. The newer A5/A8 switch is better. The USB-C plug sucks. I do like the two tiny neodymium magnets the Aurora lacks. LEDs are a little better in the Aurora, but the clone still has nice tints. The clone does have a battery health indicator when first turned on, which is a nice feature akin to Skilhunt.

While the clone bezel is designed to unscrew, providing easy access to the internals, there is no o-ring in the body adjacent to the threads… which, in addition to the weak USB-C plug, poses a water exposure risk. The clone body does glow nicely when exposed to the UV light, but it fades off really fast. The only good thing is that once it’s mostly faded, it still has a very faint glow for a few hours, making it still possible to find. On my Aurora A5, the fade is slower.

On a RovyVon sale, I got the newer A5 for $22 plus a little portion of shipping (I’d bought a couple other things). The clone was $10 shipped, and is a terrific deal. Some people reported a dissatisfied parasitic drain… but I’ve not experienced it as yet.

Hmmm, okay, I’m sold, I’ll dig up a copy and watch it.

I think Kill Bill Vol. 1 is my favorite QT movie.

Maybe check that one out as well.

I see PF is streaming on MTV2HD twice on 4/14……….10:30A & 7P - channel 332 on ATT Tv .

Or it’s… ummm… free… elsewhere.

Care to share? …… where’s “free … elsewhere”?

With smart TVs and phones, there are apps, many with free streaming content, ie. Pluto TV, IMDB

Samsung has their package of bloatware, I mean apps and Vizio TVs come with the best selection, IMO, with free streaming where as it's charged for elsewhere.

There's Roku, Amazon fire stick, goggle kromecast, etc. for non-smart TVs.

If you go to www.justwatch.com you can search the movie you’d like to watch and it will tell you where it is streaming. It will tell you both free/paid services, and available to rent.

Pulp Fiction is currently available on Paramount +

Here is how to get Paramount + for free for a month, they redo this promo every month. I’ve had the service for a few months now and haven’t ever paid for it.

8 PKcell 1000mAH rechargeable NIMH AAA $5.80 with Vupon