Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Interestingly, the 3rd one (tan/brown) for 23bux has the 50% off but no 7% off, so is still within a few dimes away from the black one, if anyone wants variety.

Thanks for the heads up. I got the PK AA that was promoted recently. They almost meet the 1300mA capacity claim (1200+ for all), have decent IR (when new), but a couple of them seem to have some issue terminating also. I have a bit better luck with a dedicated quality NiMh charger with some batteries like that.

FWIW, 200mA on a cell that appears to be (per HJK testing) a real 1000mA may be too low to terminate correctly. Try 500, or at least 300. Might work better.

4 cells just finished discharging, between 936-1009mah at 1.12v. Charged back up to 1300mAh+ at 1.35v.
I assume the discharged numbers more indicative of capacity?

I also got the PKcell AA, and all of them were close to capacity.

That brown backpack looks perfect for my 11 year old niece.

I sent my sister the Amazon link.

I hope she gets it because it looks like a very well made backpack.

EDIT:

Thanks for the heads up, flightless22 & everyone else!

Imalent r60c 30% off

IMALENT R60C Tactical Flashlight 18000 Lumens, Led Rechargeable Torch, Long Beam Distance Up to1038 Meters Amazon.com

They posted the manual in their announcement thread: BIKE LIGHT $18.57 + FREE SHIPPING - #70 by Sofirn

I got the 18650 light and it was complete with manual and all the usual bits a la Sofirn.

New Folomov EDC C2
$20.69 after discount + 10% coupon code (expires 4/8 @23:59 PDT)
Message me for code
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09QLWHSXD/

What is the tint on Folomov EDC C2 ? Please tell me it is 6500K so that I will NOT be tempted :slight_smile:

Its all of that. I just got one in the mail this week. LOVE it in every way…except the very cool white.

It's around 6000K to 6200K. CRI @70

The Flasholic just did a review. Very CW from what I recall.

That Folomov is tempting, but I LOL @ “Professional EDC flashlight has no magnet,because magnet is harmful to car keys and phones”

I’m guessing they mean electronic car keys, but still, my phone has a magnetic case, no problem :stuck_out_tongue:

The old version Folomov EDC C2 had an E21A 3000K emitter that is really quite nice.

But that darn 14300 cell - it is about impossible to find spares.

14250 (“½AA”) is more common. Probably what’s under the wrap anyway, with the charging circuit taking up the other 5mm.

Discharge is the standard for battery capacity testing. Charge is almost useless for NiMh. The charging algorithm is not very accurate, and as you saw, not too hard to miss termination, or terminate early.
It’s ‘OK’ for lithium, but still not as accurate.

Just now doing my first round of discharging. I have a dedicated discharger that is pretty accurate. I don’t much bother using the capacity test with my chargers anymore.
So far I’m getting ~900mAh at 0.5A draw. This may improve after a few cycles. All IR tests are about 30, which is pretty good for this tester on AAA.

Check out this sexy beast :wink: Looks like something left over from the Cold War

Held together with zipties? :smiley: Does the mouth open any wider? :open_mouth:

What a kludge. They don’t even mention what kind of battery is required. Voltage? Hate to have to carry a car battery with me to use it. I think April Fools day is over, yes?

(Neck-brace and chiropractor visits not included.)

Zip Ties & Alligator Clips, Oh My!

Oh, and watch out: Check this review

Raccoons turned to ash instantly
Reviewed in the United States on April 3, 2022
Color: White Light
So a buddy bought this beast of a flashlight. We put a 12v lithium car battery in a backpack to run it. I’ll be darned if it didn’t completely turn the raccoon to ash before I could press the trigger.