Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

I bought a new laptop/2n1 on Amazun on Jan10. A week later they had it as a “Deal of the Day” at $160 less. I called and talked with a very nice lucid gentleman who initially offered 10% reduction.
I countered my longtime Prime and obscene number of purchases and asked for a pricematch. He agreed and it appeared as an adjustment for damage to my unit at first. Now it shows as promotion adjustment. They do have their ways which transcend we mere mortal purchasers.

Yeh, had something similar a while back. The reason they do it the ass-backwards way is that It’s Just The Way Things Are Done.

No price-matching mechanism or even to account for price-drops, so if the only way to do it is to rebuy and return, well then Hell’s Bells, that’s just the way you gotta go.

Same with a defective item. “I’d rather a replacement vs a return”, nope. Rebuy and return. What sux is that if you have a vipon or code or anything that’s expired. You’d have to rebuy it at twice the price you paid. So buy full-price, return the half-price lemon, get refunded the full price. I did that once for something that had a serial-number(!!) on it, but didn’t get caught. Dunno how I’d explain that. Vaguely recall that a second barcode had the S/N encoded, but dunno if they correlate orders with S/Ns.

What’s funny(?!?) is that sometimes it’s completely arbitrary. When I needed diffusion-film for a “peekaboo” window, I had no idea what was what, so ordered a few different kinds, some DCFix and some other brand. Figured wtf, I could use any excess for flashlights, eh? Wellp, one of the wrong ones I got was “snow”, which was patterned, not uniform. Weird irregular beam, but not too bad if not for a flashlight. One other was plain solid white shelf-paper, not translucent at all. And then one other that was something else.

Wellp was gonna return the solid shelf-paper (unopened, easy to see what it was) and ask about returning “snow” that I wasn’t gonna use, but that one I did open and snip off a small piece to test, albeit before I discovered it was patterned.

You’d think they’d say, “Sure, return the unopened one, but keep the one you already mangled”. Uhhh, try again. I got to keep the unopened shelf-paper I have no need for (still got it, still unopened), but was asked to return the one I already opened and could possibly use. :person_facepalming:

Naw, that only worked ’cause you ordered it from Amazun, not Amazon. :laughing:

o

Here's something weird...

Amazon sent me an email saying

"Reason for refund: Wrong item was sent"

I never claimed that the wrong item was sent.

I said that the item was "Bought by mistake", which is the first option they offer and the closest explanation for my situation.

I guess I'll never understand how they work, but the end result is fine.

On the news this week there was a story about this topic. They have an algorithm that figures whether it is cheaper to return an item or allow you to keep it. They also probably have one that looks at your purchase history and determines if you abuse the system.
Covid may also be part of this. I know that Walmart has changed their return policy for clothes because of this.

My Amazon story.
Bought a bicycle (a very nice one)
Gave a 5 star review.
Price dropped by a lot.
Contacted and asked if I could get the lower price.
Answer from Amazon: No, we can’t do that.

Open the PoD bay doors Hal.

However, they will normally allow you to return the item for full refund and you can re-purchase it at the new lower price. Not logical, but I have done it before. Although I can imagine packing a bicycle back up and getting it ready for shipping would be a PITA.

Happend to me several times, usually when an item cost is less than $10.

Just a guess but maybe a majority of people don’t follow through on a return/ repurchase. If a price reduction or price match policy was in place, more people would take advantage of it.

Sketcher shoes 28$ , maybe more variety on sale but i saw these i was watching drop 20$ so its time to buy :money_mouth_face:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4JM9IX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Do you recommend them?

Thanks for that. I have a metal roof and these Slip-Resistant soles might help a lot.

Yes, very comfortable and seem to last a year + for me (maybe more in rona times)
I’d had shoes in the past where i randomly have to walk for 6-8 hrs and i’d get a lot of blisters with these it wasn’t much of a problem.
I’ve been buying a slightly different pair but it’s probably only aesthetics that are slightly different (this has full mesh sides vs one with a little more design)

Thanks . I have had Sketchers that were comfortable but my last pair I gave to my son because the right one hit me in the arch. I think my right foot is somewhat flat. Would you say these have high arches?

2 in 1.

$15 using code BKDE5MH9.

code 5SMA5AP6 = $14.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J6N8FZ9?tag=1sale06-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&customid&coupon_code=5SMA5AP6

Thank you, I bought a pair.

My favorite shoes are blue suede Skechers/Mark Nason shoes.

Last year, I bought a second pair for when my current pair inevitably falls apart.

I have a couple pairs of Skechers that I wear frequently. But I ripped out the inserts and added my own Sole inserts. This greatly reduces the number of shoes that don’t feel right (so long as I get the correct size, which is still dicey via internet/mail, so I still buy my shoes in B&Ms).

Not really sure how to judge that, free returns tho :slight_smile: