Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

It works again slightly cheaper now actually with both coupons

B32J7PNG

Thanks for the heads up, $108.61. Canā€™t wait to receive it.

Got it for $106. I swear that $50 off tick box wasnt there before ā€¦ā€¦ Thanks

It wasn't there yesterday when I checked.

Me too. Should be quite handy for the price.

Got mine today. Agree it's a quality light for $20. The LED appears to be a 4040 - too big for 3535, too small for 5050. Not a fan of the beam tint - has a yellow halo around the hotspot, but CW flood which reminds me of a XP-L2 type of beam. Think they said it's a regulated driver but a 30T in there does wayyy batter than the stock 18650 protected 2600 mAh cell at 3.6V.

I ordered one; paid $106 including $5 something in tax.
Hereā€™s the answer they gave me to a question.

Thank you for your question.
Yes AFTIME 300W portable power station supports most mini cooler fridges.
Our power station has over-temperature protection, over-voltage protection, overcharge & discharge protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, thermal protection.
It will come back on automatically when the fridge reaches temp and shuts down.
Feel free to contact us anytime if there is anything more needed.

Will post more when I get it on Wed 8/4. and hook it up to my 120W solar panel.

I am not buying this thing. Which means within a month I will need it and pay more.

Amazon ā€˜scandalā€™ today.

I bought and reviewed Stanley and Lutec 7k lumen worklights, quite some time ago. Returned the Stanley. Did a 4 star review on it, said it was good, I just preferred the Lutec. Seller has emailed me 2x, from a weird chinese gmail address, and in the 2nd email offered $20 amazon gift card to delete the review.

Well, I donā€™t like to snitch, but I just reported them to amazon, especially since they claimed to be ā€œAmazon Customer Serviceā€ in the email. Hilarious part is, the seller was Lutec, and I recommended their other product in the review!

I should have told them to send me a $100 gift card for not reporting them. :smiling_imp:

I would imagine this on a 21700 will do plenty dandy as well. Being 21700 capable is one of the main reasons I just ordered it. Besides getting Tom Eā€™s endorsement which is all I hadda hear. :laughing:

True Color Rendition (TCR)

ā€œOn a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest rating, a TCR will equate to what true colors you see in sunlight vs the same objectā€™s colors you see when illuminated with a flashlight. The closer the two are, the higher the TCR rating will be.ā€

ā€œNote 1: The Ozark Trail OT 50L flashlight has a TCR rating of ā€˜10ā€™ and hence is the Reference Standard for determining TCR of other branded flashlights. Anyone can now affordably compare the advertised CRI of a respective flashlight and determine its TCR against the OT 50L Reference Standard. To further demonstrate, shine your flashlight at a familiar object then remove the beam from the object. Then shine the OT 50L on the same object. Note the differences in TCR. Then finally shine your flashlight over the object repeatedly followed immediately by doing the same with the OT 50L. This should reinforce the TCR given. In any case if possible try to duplicate beam intensities equally between both.ā€

As of 7/28/21, the OT 50L price is $1.00 for inside Walmart store purchases. Ozark Trail OT 50L, Model No. 6103.

ā€œNote 2: For every single color rendition flaw the TCR rating will be reduced by .5. Hence a 9.5 out of the 1 ā€“ 10 TCR scale with 10 being the highest rating possible would indicate for example, that the flashlight showed sunlight ā€˜deep redsā€™ as ā€˜orangish redsā€™ when illuminated at night. All other colors to the viewerā€™s eyes were TCR accurate.ā€

I got #'s on a 30T - yes, does 3.3 amps, and a littler better (~10%) that what the light is rated for in lumens and throw.

That LED is like 3.8 mm x 3.8 mm, so not quite a 4040 like the Boost HX - it's an odd one. The reflector hole is like 6.5 mm, odd size (not 7 or 9 mm), but fortunately I got centering pieces to fit it for a 3535 LED. I got a OSHPark driver that fits it too, so it will get Anduril 2 and a nice LED like a SST-20 3500K or 351D sliced, not sure yet.

I look forward to what LED you decide to put in the D2 ā€”ā€” I tested mine with a VTC5A and the best I got was 3.04 amps

I hope Amazon puts the screws to them - they've really been doing that quite a lot lately and some sellers have even disappeared from the site (the nice part of me hopes that their goods and/or funds don't get frozen/seized to where they actually lose a lot, but that happens).

One that baffled me was a rather glowing review I left, with some good high-res photos that showed the product in a more favorable light than the pics in the product listing did. It was for some surprisingly good but cheap coated carbide end mills. In that review I did compare them against a horrible $8 set of super cheap-o high speed steel mills that were absolute junk - made it clear that the product was worlds above in terms of quality and performance. I got an email from Amazon community something or other telling me that the seller had taken issue and my review was removed (never actually posted it). Asked why a few times and never got a response from them. What's funny is that the page that pops up after you leave a new review, offering to have you review other past purchases, always shows this same nice end mill set. If I click on it, I can type a review but when I submit, an error (with red font!) pops up that tells me "this seller is not accepting reviews from your account" or something like that. Whatever. lol. Odd that a seller would deny a favorable review with photos and examples of how his product works wonderfully. I assume there was probably some translation misunderstanding on his part.

I also got the same harassment you did from the "Speedwox" company who sells pliers and stuff after I left a three star review and pointed out all the junk that was crappy about the tool I received compared to their (computer generated) "photos" on the product page. Man...talk about one of those Chinese vendors who has low self esteem and is trying to play America like it's the weird games on Aliexpress or Banggood. Geez. He got my review removed three times even after I omitted some parts that I thought might be "wrong." Because I'd said that the product in hand wasn't as nice as what was imaged on the page, he claimed that I was doubting "authenticity" of the product received (I never did), and Amazon stuck with that. It became a stupid war to win, and after some messages eventually I got my review to stick, lowered it to two stars. Really cruddy seller and it was odd how Amazon couldn't even see at first what he was trying to do in gaming the reviews. I'm glad they're clamping down on that nonsense now in a more impactful way although there are still the hidden things that sellers do (like Sofirn here recently...shame on them) and all the Vine crap. Reporting to Amazon does help sometimes and you can also add honest negative feedback to the seller on their seller page (not the product). People need to know that crap.

[quote=Coscar]

My AFTIME power bank arrived today. All seems perfect, everything works. Have it on the charger
right now topping it off and then I can run it through its paces.

Thanks for the synopsis and coupon link. Was hedging on this since it was introduced. I like the bunny, and at $21 shipped I can live with the stock offering. Considering an AA TOOL V2 runs almost $28 with the battery, how can you go wrong?

Exactly. That helped me to order one. I needed a small thrower for travel/hiking, etcā€¦

Received today. Nice feel to it. Not dark here yet, but Iā€™ll probably wish it was floodier for EDC. Situations where I need this much throw Iā€™d probably reach for a light w/ more capacity.

Editā€¦now itā€™s dark, and this is a good light for lightweight backpacking with a headlamp for closer work. I like the beam shape 25 to 80 yards, even 100 is ok.

:+1: Lookin forward to it. :beer: :beer:

Guess Iā€™m too late for the wuben deal or Iā€™m using the wrong code ? Oh well hope it comes back as I would like that little light.

$20. 19 tools. 1 handle.
thatā€™sā€¦uhā€¦.$1 each.

https://www.amazon.com/CRANKBROTHERs-Crank-Brothers-Multi-Black/dp/B0768NKHZ9/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Multi+Tool+19+Black+%26+Red&qid=1628014438&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-2