Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Thanks for the heads up on this. Ordered. I’ve only had negative experiences with small zoomies. So even a halfway decent larger light is going to impress and this looks like it’s solid, regardless. Plus a backup spare battery out of it (at the very least) if it isn’t great.

Anyone know what kind of battery this is? Perhaps a cell Wuben uses, or similar?

My L21 came with a PeetPen branded 1800 mAh cell. It tested just a little over 1600 mAh on my Lii-500 charger. Internal resistance seems fairly low (69 mOhm) as reported by my other charger - not very accurate I know.

Can’t tell who makes it.

Wuben C5
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JG1T4DH

Black $12 Gold $10

I really like the clean lines on these little guys, but the lack of a clip makes it a no go for me.

What the heck, for $10.85 which includes the tax, I can afford a light that I don’t need :smiley:

Good usb/rechargeable console light.
No need for clip
I bit the gold.
Thx :beer:

Edit: Purchased before I noticed the ‘battery’ is usb…… not the actual light.
Never seen that before. Still a decent deal.

[quote=Pete7874]

No worries. I’m exceedingly grateful for the other info. I don’t have a very accurate charger and/or multimeter so this is very helpful.

And apparently ugly green tint, based on the reviews there.

You’ll jinxed me — I received an Empty Bag today — a pair of Needle Nose pliers —- guess they just busted through the bag — the best part they sent me a return label when I applied for a replacement — I might sent the bag back to them —LMAO

I guess I’am a little too late. $26.99 now.

News story today... 90 shipping containers in LA County are broken into per day. There went your Amazon package contents.

The sheriff at the end….“we’re gonna put someone on this” :person_facepalming:

Received my Rofis MR50 today — very nice light — well worth the $28.50 I paid for it —- Not even close to 2500 lumens — I measure 2100 lumens being generous — I was wondering how they were getting 2500 lm out of a 50.2 — I usually smoke them around that level

I just received mine as well and completely agree after fiddling with it for a few minutes before charging the battery. My only small issue is the battery must be protected because its too long to fit in my Opus charger or any other charger I have, so I have to use the on-board USB C charging - not really a problem. Except, I can’t really measure battery capacity or anything else about the battery easily. Also, the tail switch definitely hums on high like there’s a ton of PWM noise or something. It’s the loudest on high/turbo mode, you can hear it over 3ft away from my ear if in a quiet room. Again, not really a big deal though.

Anyone know if these are 6v or 3v XHP50.2’s? It’s a nice light and very good price to usefulness ratio, but the tint is pretty green and I’d like to swap with a throwier LED with a better tint if possible. Can’t seperate the head from the body to even look at the driver - or is the driver in the tailcap? I’ll investigate once it’s charged up and I have the free time to take it apart and get a DMM out. Thanks

The battery in mine tested at ~4200 mAh

Thanks for the info JD.
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to find out the LED voltage with a multimeter at the tail or by looking at it closely or something like that? Just curious in case I decide to do an LED swap and keep the same driver. I can’t even tell if the driver is in the head or the tail yet since I haven’t taken it apart.

A warning of a (possibly) dodgy light seller and a zoomie inquiry:

An odd thing happened with my aforementioned Peetpen L45 order via Sinofire US on Amazon.

A Peetpen L21 arrived today instead of the L45.

When I clicked on my order, to verify I had ordered the correct light, the link was dead. There were two active listings for the L45 when I placed the order—the one with a huge discount I bought and the other at what appeared to be the regular price of ~ $19.00 (which had over 1,000+ ratings, IIRC)—however I could no longer find either listing.

I am not sure if both listings were being offered by the same merchant.

On the phone customer service said I could keep the L21 and receive either store credit or a refund to my card. I accepted the former option.

Two questions:

Does anyone know of another decent zoomie* on Amazon—preferably on sale/at a low price so if it stinks I won’t mind? The L45 looked pretty good, considering the discount and the novelty of the seemingly decent throw it offered with its twist focusing function.

The following is an admittedly niche query:

Has anyone else experienced issues with Sinofire US—or heard of/experienced a similar issue happening where a listing(s) for the same product disappear from the site at the same time after receiving the wrong item?

I can’t understand why this would have happened, perhaps it is some odd bait and switch—or a way to clear unwanted inventory from a shop’s warehouse?

*I know the concept of a “decent zoomie” is heretical to some in these parts, and maybe such a thing doesn’t even exist.

Perhaps the Wuben L60 ?
$33.99 Prime price and a 20% off coupon

Or the WOWTAC A3S $19.99

https://www.amazon.com/WOWTAC-Spotlight-Flashlight-Extremely-Floodlight-CW/dp/B0833S9DMC/ref=sr_1_14?crid=PWBNZN8M9SVY&keywords=wowtac%2Bflashlights&qid=1642718205&sprefix=wowtac%2Caps%2C56&sr=8-14&th=1

Bluetooth headphones for $12.13

https://www.myvipon.com/product/9175826-BERIBES-Headphones-Wireless-55H-Weigh-Only-amazon-coupons

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LYF2ST7

These have good, but limited, customer feedback.

I’m impressed with how long the Rofis MR50 can maintain it’s highest brightness setting. After the initial stepdown, it maintained a constant brightness for 3 hours, and it didn’t get too hot either. The boost driver appears very efficient.