Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

@chops728
@Correllux

I didn’t know anything about label… !
And read my post as a whole… !
And who really are the real “muggles”… !?
And about the “vaping think…” im 100% sure that im handle my equipment way better and im not putting any extra stress, especially on my batteries !
And yes, i think it’s way better to buy the original product with it’s packege from the factory, over to take it from a deferment unit… !

What are you talking about guys… !?

Take a look… and be more careful with your equipment… please… !?

What are you talking about TARTARA?!? :man_facepalming:

IF you want to use a 18650 battery in a 21700 light put 2 O-rings around the 18650 to keep it centered in the 21700 battery tube.
Then if it is is long enough use it. IF it is not long enough either put a magnet on the negative end OR do not use it.

This ain’t rocket science…

2 Thanks

Just L☻L !

You got that right :interrobang: :rofl: :joy: :cowboy_hat_face:

And if the battery is a bit too long, just use a hack saw to remove some material. Or you can use a dremel to accomplish the same thing.

2 Thanks

You can always do what I do – Cell too short, doesn’t matter – find as many magnets as you can obtain with a big roll of tape

Just because I’m a Dumb Ass doesn’t mean you should be a Dumb Ass — Flashlight use is dangerous and should be taken seriously

4 Thanks

Screamin’ deal on very good 21700’s. Thanks for the heads up chops728!

slmjim

1 Thank

Finally someone who wants a Great Deal

Don’t forget to use the code DIY for 5% off

1 Thank

Probably 99% of the members here have never bought anything from Battery Hookup, and while I happened to see the previous deal from them and the following discussion, I doubt most others did.

Hence why I mentioned the deal could appear to some to be too good to be true. It’s certainly not any kind of criticism of chops 728, but I think it would be helpful when posting a deal to a lesser known site like that to clarify at the time if they are a known, trustworthy seller.

As far as posting non-Amazon deals here - do it either way. I just thought it might help avoid confusion.

1 Thank

@WolfManJack

Then cut it in half… to get two C123…

Dremel would take forever. Clamp it in vice, angle grinder straight down. Or die grinder with an abrasive quick change pad

Pretty clear here what’s going on . Chopps posts yet another great deal on 21700 cells . Those who have the ability to scroll up a few months can see the crazy great stupid good epic 30q Samsungs deal for almost a buck a piece .
Battery hookup is a battery recycler and just because the 50 30q’s I got are great doesn’t mean everything they sell is perfect . But if you go to the junk yard to buy a part maybe you get one with the same age, same color and find a great deal . I’m positive that Chopps can tell you about cells he’s purchased that were not as good of a deal . It’s a used product even if it’s only sat on a shelf . The very fact you need to break a pack apart ought to imply a degree of risk .
The point is comments about something you don’t have or have no experience with are always going to get jumped on .

Remember
If you’re going to cut an 18650 in half to make 2 18350’s always use a sharp new hacksaw blade.
&
Don’t microwave your 18650’s unless you first put them in a bag of rice .

2 Thanks

I understand that there is an element of risk here .
But after having gotten such a great deal a couple months ago .
To me the greater risk would be that Chopps wouldn’t post a deal .

6 Thanks

And THAT… says it perfectly.

1 Thank

I got 50 last time///48 and I really wanted to go back to the well and buy another 50 … it didn’t surprise me that they were sold out and I couldn’t get more. . . what a great deal

They were so good you could never have bought too many .

3 Thanks

The best part, with cells in packs — They’re very closely matched for use in Multi-Cell lights

I have no issues with BH – they’re refunded me for any cells that are under voltage or that didn’t make at least 80% capacity

4 Thanks

The best part … was price … and the fact that the internal resistance was the lowest I’ve ever seen in any cell.

3 Thanks

I remember in my yoot, i used an arc welder to join two 18350s together. 30 years later, I still EDC it.

1 Thank

ACRUNU large bike light - 15% off (44.99 → 38.24).

previously discussed in this blf thread.

claims 2600lm for 2 hours, 8000mah. no specs on led/cct/cri.

1 Thank