Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

OK, that sounds more reasonable. Shipping on those heavy little guys does run the price up quite a bit.

There are all sorts of 15v power supplies on Amazon.
Iā€™d get one with more current capability so itā€™s not running at its max rating.
One kicker is the connection. Does yours need a specialized plug?
If so, perhaps you could clip the cable off your current one and cobble together that with whatever the new PS has.
Donā€™t know anything about these makers. These are just an example.
All the Best,
Jeff
15v 6a PS on Amazon

or
15v 10a PS

DYI power supply

1 Thank

The OEM batteries that come inside the UPSs always seemed to last longer than any of the replacement batts. Funny/odd.
No matter if they were replaced with the OEM or generic.
I canā€™t remember getting 12-8s for less than $10. And Iā€™ve been doing the UPS dance for a long time.
For good prices and good turnover, check out farm/ranch supply stores.
They sell them for electric fence use. Those guys go through a pile of them and want the best price.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

That always seems to be the case with my SLA vehicle batteries. My 2002 pickup original battery lasted 120,000 miles and was still good enough in 50Ā°+ temperatures.

Some careful vetting by the OEM, + fresh stock?

Iā€™ve been on the search for replacement batteries for phones, cameras, laptops and such for a long time. I built a little holder that allows me to do a constant current discharge capacity test at 0.1A > 2.6A. I have found absolutely no batteries that are much more than 75% of original, sometimes below 50%, and often being worse than the old battery Iā€™m hoping to replace. :rage:

Sometimes you can ā€˜theoreticallyā€™ purchase the OEM battery from the manufacturer if the device is not too old. OTOH the OEM is often 4-6x the price making it not very cost effective.

2 Thanks

I have never seen a better rated product :man_facepalming:

Example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CYBLHSGS

one of the 3 star reviews:
Dated But Itā€™s Kathy Bates & Jessica Tandy - Some Difficult Racist Scenes Dated story line in that thereā€™s tip toeing around if Idgie and Ruth were closeted gays, even to themselves. Does not explain if Jessica Tandyā€™s (aging Idgie) really had a child. She did not point out the tombstone when she returned to Whistle Stop. Very difficult racist scenes including violence. Weird BBQ. STILL, if you need a Kathy Bates fix (I did) that was 5 stars. Thank you Ms. Bates.

1 Thank

18650 battery holdersā€¦
WALMART in store when purchased online: Amuoc LED 2000 Lumens Flashlights x2 $4.77

I was hoping you were really talking about something like this:
Storacell SL18650CC by Powerpax SlimLine 18650 Battery Caddy, Clear, Holds 4 Batteries (Not Included) Amazon.com

4 Thanks

Yeahā€¦ it took me just a bit to understand the 18650 holder referenceā€¦ :upside_down_face:

Not a ā€œdealā€ other than a rando clicky-coupon, but I got a coupla these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDRKB331/

to free up some of my padded cases for other things.

Pricey for a plastic box, but theyā€™re gasket-sealed and seem nice.

They look nice but What do you want with gasket sealed?
I like to let my gasses breathe (Just ask the Wife) :slight_smile:
Can buy like 3-4 of these for the $20 ;
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shotgun+shell+cases

I didnā€™t, not necessarily, but I needed some kind of case and wanted it organised, so just goggled and grabbed the first dealy I saw. Other similar ones were priced more, so went with that one.

Wasnā€™t sure what dimensions Iā€™d need to properly fit 18650s, whether 20ga, 12ga, etc., so ratherā€™n having them flopping around, or worse, not fitting at all, just pissed away the bux to get those I listed.

A good deal ā€¦ Sofirn SC13. I own two ā€¦ great little light.

Limited-time deal: sofirn LED Small Flashlight USB C Rechargeable, SC13 Bright 1300 Lumens EDC Keychain Flashlights with IPX8 Waterproof, Portable Key Ring Mini Flash Light for Everyday Carry Camping Hiking.
Amazon.com

$21.00 out the door incuding Prime Shipping.

4 Thanks

What size of battery do that use?

18350 Li

3 Thanks

I bought this at Academy Sports and Outdoors a while back. Got the idea from this forum. Thnx!

It looks like it would hold 30 cells but sticker says 25?

It could. The side compartment doesnā€™t have dividers and I keep some AA/14500 lights in there.

Yes great light. This was $11 on Ax two months ago. Purchased two.