Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

^

This happens regularly for me. Sometimes if I take the item out of my cart, then put it back in my cart, then try the code again, it works.

I tried on my tablet and phone. I have sent a message to Vipon. I also noticed none have sold either. Still the same amount in inventory. Says 9 remaining I think.

when I got mine the coupon wasn’t through Vipon, it was right on the amazon page. I don’t see it there now. Not saying there wasn’t a coupon through Vipon, but I didn’t go that route.

The link I purchaesd from through vipon has 20 left and still has the 10% coupon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T885HK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

unfortunately, the coupon no longer works for the additional discount (outside of the 10%). They may fix it later, but I think we are SOL at this point.

If you don’t want Cool White—I’d get one fron Calvin at Illumination.com — $8 more—- I ended up changing my LEDs out so now I have more invested

received my Lumintop EDC01 yesterday. Very nice, and at $3.99 I like the diffuser , and how it GITD. All lights should have a diffuser like this.

thanks for the Vipon code for this light!

Glad to hear it came through.

Man, the negative reviews on it sound horrible BUT I think those reviews are mixed in from other vendors.

Snagged one at midnite last night….that’s when coupon came up. Will probly gift it.

Yep, $3.99 sold it. :+1:

Unfortunately, one of the negative reviews is mine. My last one died for no apparent reason, but at $3.99, I ordered a second. I haven’t had time to pull the driver out and see what’s going on.

Yeh. Went back and looked at the reviews again and I do see where it was Lumintop team members fielding complaints of failure in first couple weeks/months. Hmmmm…guess it happens but seems more so in Lumintop’s AAA twisty version as compared to say Fenix E01, LOD, Sofirn C01, Thrunite TI, etc. I’ve yet to have a AAA twisty fail in past decade.

Thanks for all the thanks, just paying it forward for all the deals I have got in on from sharing members.
Long live BLF :wink:
I got my Lumintop EDC01 in the mail yesterday. Not a bad little light, especially for $3.99.
The beam profile is pretty nice for a small light of this size. Seems to be of good build quality.

Got my FW3A and it isn’t working. It may flicker when I screw on the cap with a matter in, but I can’t get the button to turn it on/off.

You are NOT special, we ALL that that issue when new.

1. open the head AND the tail. If this came from Amazon it should be the new version and the tail ring has a cap ring. if not, just be careful, nothing will break.
  2. using a Qtip or swab, clean the copper rings on both boards with alcohol. Clean the edges of the inner tube as well.
  3. use a flat top battery if you have one. if not, a short battery, unprotected, A long battery, such as a Samsung Q30 may mess up the switch, happened to me.
  4. If it still does not work, report back for further instructions.
    Trust me it will work.

I have three FW3x and haven’t had issues with any of them. One is an older model from Neil, one is a new rev from Amazon and one is a new stonewashed titanium. I removed the head and cranked down the tail cap right when I took them out of the box and have had zero issues. I didn’t even fully remove the tail cap on any of them.

I, along with likely >90% of folks with these lights, am running Samsung 30Q flat-tops and they work fine. The 30Q is less than 65mm which is quite short. It is, in fact, the recommended battery to use in the FW3x because it’s just the right size and can provide the current to maximize brightness in turbo.

Not saying your fixes won’t work, I’m just saying it’s not a universal problem. :wink:

If the light flickers when tightening down the head but the switch won’t respond, the signal tube is probably not making contact. It could be issue with excess grease or it could just be the tail cap not tightened down enough. You really have to crank it down pretty hard to compress that ring on the clip.

I have four of them. The first one had an issue with the driver board not being centered. The second the brass ring was installed improperly and the driver board moved around. The last two needed the contacts cleaned with alcohol.
I agree the 30Q flat top is great. I have flat top Efest in two of them, Orbitronics button tops in two, but they are short batteries. I put a 30Q button top in the newest one from Amazon, and I had to take the tail apart and reset the switch assembly, the longer battery bent the little pusher thing to the side.

The fact is there is a thread about this, it is like a crazy number of posts. Many people had issues with them when new, but once they are made right they seem to work great. The biggest issue seems to be grease or oil on the circular contacts, cleaning with alcohol cures that.

Has anyone successfully gotten support from Vipon if a code doesn’t work on amazon?

Yes I received an AWWWW that’s too bad from them — they didn’t make it work

I contacted Amazon one time and ask them why the code didn’t work….it had worked for others….They couldn’t get it to work either so they sent me a amazon code to use on the item that had the same value as the vipon code. You can try contacting amazon but your mileage may vary from mine.
Worth a try :wink:

OK, I used a Vipon code to buy a ROCKPALS 300W Portable Generator Lithium Portable Power Station, 280Wh CPAP Backup Battery Pack UPS
https://www.vipon.com/product/index?id=6526122

I also applied an Amazon clickbox for an additional $15 off, total w/prime shipping $134.49
I have a CPAP and can appreciate this unit for that and other power outage uses.

Now I received my unit and discovered inside an additional perk. A card offering either a DC converter for the Resmed S9 CPAP or for the S10 which I have. This unit allows to use the native 12V output (more efficient than the 110V outlet) to power your CPAP during a power out event. These units are listed on Amazon as $69.99 and are offered as free… The kicker is that you need to leave a review on Amazon and contact them advising of same.
https://www.amazon.com/Rockpals-Converter-Compatible-Portable-Station/dp/B07R1QZMNW/ref=sr_1_14?hvadid=78202816110821&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=rockpals&qid=1567387535&s=gateway&sr=8-14

You have to play their game and hold your trigger finger steady/ready, butt seems entirely worthy of the effort.

Received my copy today. Very nice. Mine definitely has last mode memory. So I can set it to come on in any mode I like. Anybody else experience this?