Amazon "Verified Purchase" Reviews

I don't know what it is like in other places but Amazon DE will watch your "return of goods rate". If your score gets too high they will eventually ban you. This has even gone so far that customers could not get access to their purchased electronic items (Kindle library, MP3 files, etc.) anymore.

It depends what u return it for, just mark it as defective :wink:

As said, a company has to be pretty stupid to try to force a good review on amazon by withholding payment :wink:

They all do this. Even I have been contacted by S. ( :smiley: ) with an offer for a 99% coupon. Took it and wrote a honest review. Their next offer was only 50% :smiling_imp: . Currently, they ignore me.

We should simply be honest. But most people are. Those who aren’t, or are careless about their reviews are easily identified. You know … that’s awesome :person_facepalming: .

You’re the one buying all those lights? :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I gave ultrafire bats a 5 star review in exchange for some fireworks :wink:

:partying_face:

Charles BridgTec? :-D

Yeah, and he’s not alone with that.

LOL
Good one!

S. sent me a light that they reimbursed me for, and I wrote an honest Amazon review that included several photos. Definitely wasn’t hyping it and I also mentioned what I thought were its weaker points. The next day I got a message from Amazon saying they had declined my review. So I guess that they suddenly had tons of reviews for the same product, which must have raised alarm bells with them.

Not going to bother with this kind of arrangement in the future. If I really like a light and I feel like reviewing it, I’d much rather publish it in this forum.

Good story concerning this very subject;

Best line to me ;

“I’m just a pawn in their marketing scheme,” she said.

I bought an UltraFire and it burned down my house, garage, and both cars. “5-star: As advertised” :smiley: Haha. jk

Very good article, Muto. And this line caught my attention….
““I definitely feel like I have to keep [the reviewing] a secret from people who have strong morals,” Jessica added.”

Another thing that puzzles me, doesn’t paypal have to report you to IRS at some point for all these payments?
How is she hiding the income?
She “claims” she is losing money and giving most things away, yeah right. Most are resold under different name on epay or otherwise.

There is a website https://www.fakespot.com/ that allows you to check if the review is fake or not. Just copy and paste the URL from the product review on fakespot.com

reviewmeta.com
Only does Amazon reviews.

Huh… never heard of him before a coupla days ago.

Some light I was looking up just out of curiosity, think it was the “glimmer mode” one?, that I wanted to see the “glimmer” in action.

Good God, I almost fell asleep. How much time was wasted in the Grand Unboxing, like pulling out a piece of paper, “Uhh, and this is the manual for it…”. Duh, ya think??

A coupla times I was offered 3bux from Amazon to be an “early reviewer” or something. Once, it worked. Second time was for a light I already reviewed a coupla weeks(!) before. Edited it to add some text to the review, but never got that 3bux. Liars… :confounded:

I love the paragraph immediately before. She 5-stars some poisonous cosmetic, then gives the unused bottle to a cow-orker.

“Here ya go! Fingers crossed, hope ya don’t die…” :laughing:

That’s fine for the first time, but you won’t develop a review reputation to support future opportunities if you’re changing reviews from positive to negative.

That BuzzFeed article is pretty eye opening. Writing a convincing review is time consuming, in addition to taking good quality photos. It’s unsettling to think of how many people are doing this. Amazon is making a killing. Literally. They’ve killed the local markets. The road side store you can walk into & buy things that aren’t food… will become extinct in due time.

Btw, when the “teat” of inexpensive Chinese goods finally runs dry, and prices go up, it’ll be an economic shock wave. Amazon is becoming the defacto retail platform & makes so much money that it won’t feel the pain. But the end-consumer will.