Amusing CPF thread

You're going to fit right in. Glad to have you here.

Wow you had a lot to say.......like Ted put it your going to fit right in. Part of a forum is being able to really talk about anything, a budget light is a light after all no matter what the price is.

Interesting comments Nil Einne, you're right that we all probably started at CPF, and it has served its purpose well. Meanwhile I think that Chinese budget lights are probably the best kept secret in this industry. Most people I know here are absolutely amazed by the cheapest LED lights I own, they are infinitely better than the clunky, incandescent, dim, battery-sucking behemoths of yesteryear that they are still using here. And I also tend to prefer products from China because the shipping is so amazingly cheap. In my case in the southern hemisphere and west of the international date line it doesn't seem to make sense, but shipping from China is by far the cheapest.

So enjoy your time here, and post away, we try hard not to be snobs here. On another note, I'm seeing that we have a lot of bikers here. Do we need a "bike-lights" forum category? Or maybe make the headlights category "headlights / bikelights"?

Wellcome Nil Einne.

I liked your comment about the snobs who buy expensive (american) chargers and batteries for their flashlights,

but does not seem to have anything against cheap chargers and batteries for their cameras, PDA´s and mobile phones.

You hit the nail right at the head there. Same goes for comments on postage charges. No one beats the free shipping

from HK. And every day I try to find out the difference in quality between my expensive Surefire and my cheap Ultrafires,

Romisens and the like. The latter are way in front lumens per $!

Here's another one that fits in this thread prefectly.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=277491

Simply amazing.

Where do they dig up these people. Gratuitous offensiveness to the people who make them money is not a pretty sight.

I think they go though some kind of special training to act the way they do. :O

Another one bites the dust.......Cry

Here is a new of the numeous DX bashing threads:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=277426

They dont like DX, We know that allready so why do they have to tell us all the time.

I don't think they like anyone outside of the US or anyone who doesn't deal in SureFire products. Laughing

I have only ordered from DX and Golden Gadgets and DX is so much better than GG. GG sent me the wrong item which I decided to keep but was $10 cheaper than what I ordered and I still haven't heard from them after 2+ weeks of emailing them. It was only 10 bucks but they lost a long term and loyal customer. So that's the first and last time I deal with GG.

DX has its faults but at least they answered my emails even though it takes a couple of days. They also make things right even though it does take a long time.........just like how they dealt with me over the defective Tank007 E07.

Here is a fantastic thread. About Surefire QC. I usually only see these kind of comments with ###fires... awesome!! Don't know why it's open. Surely if it was about a ####fire, would have been closed instantly!

Had a few laughs on some posts, though.

Wow. Some people fret too much about flashlights. He just needed to return it and be done (advice he got within the first 2 or 3 responses). That's a case where the moderator probably should have closed the thread around Page 2, just because there was *nothing* new being said. It's closed now, thank goodness. It was like watching a dog chase his tail. Now even I'm tired.