An EXCELLENT Mod For Beginners!

Excellent video - great information, and straight into it without any waffle. Subbed in yt - I'd love to see more of your build/upgrade vids.

ooi - did you use a centering-ring/spacer at all for this?

Also, does the driver you sell have a temp sensor on it?

I can see how it will improve on the cheap stuff, but will it absolutely destroy the new Convoy C8 XP-L HI from Simon, as well?

What is the cd and beam range on this modified C8 in your video?

EDIT: I re-watched the video, and I see that you got 130k lux @ 1 meter, so that would mean 721 m beam distance. That is impressive, indeed. That is more than the stock C8 from Simon.

Maybe you have a different view, but I take “off the shelf” to be literally what you would buy at a local store as offered to the public, usually for a similar price.

The Convoy C8 I mentioned is offered “off the shelf” to the public on AliExpress. Who buys their C8 at a local store??? I wouldn’t even know which local store to go to in order to find a C8 light.

That’s kind of my point, even a standard C8 is a big improvement on standard shelf items at similar prices.

I would consider any Convoy to be a niche market item, not an “off the shelf” product.

Oh, I got it now. I see where I misquoted the OP. What he really said in the video was:

So I thought he was talking about comparing the C8 he built to other C8 lights you can buy out there.

But anyway, with the numbers he quoted, his mod does appear to be far surpassing even the best C8 offerings out there.

Hi Vince,

Thank you. Yes, I use a centering ring. My driver does not have a temp sensor. You can set a turbo timer on it if you like though.

Great vid. Good job on making modding look easy. Now how far down the rabbit hole have you fallen?

LOL thanks strayz. I wouldn’t say fallen. More of an aggressive purposeful descent, trench shovel in tow, lest at any time the trip should end. :face_with_monocle: