An Unfair Giveaway (updates at end of post)

Yes, but that someone would also have to pay for shipping to his place outside of the US if he bought the light himself. But the light itself is FREE. The someone who wants to own a light offered in the OP has to calculate the shipping cost into his/her wishes.

BTW. Nice action, but count me out, either way. At the moment I am testing my perseverance in NOT getting a new light,

A D1?

For real?

A D1 is coming to my house?? Flabbergasted. This is humbling and uplifting at the same time. I’m constantly amazing at the generosity and kindness of this forum. Bansuri you are a blessing. I’m at one of the lowest points in my life right now. How can a flashlight bring such joy?? It’s the kindness AND the light together.

Thanks a million. I can’t wait to pass this gesture along to someone else when I’m back on my feet.

I just got my Emisar D4 in the mail yesterday. It’s my new favorite light! :partying_face:

Thanks again for this Giveaway! I’m sure I’d never have owned a D4 otherwise. :crown: :+1:

My new D1 came yesterday! It’s amazing how FAR this thing shines for such a tiny light!! It’s by far my new favorite light…I love the tint, too. What is the tint, Bansuri??

So grateful and happy for this…my kids excitedly handed me the package when I got home today. They knew it was coming and were looking forward to opening it with me. They had fun watching me play with it (it’s not really kid-friendly but they had fun with their own cheap/safer lights).

Thanks again!!

It’s not so simple.
I started the opposite way. Bought a high-end light. Customized for me with stuff flying between US/AU/EU.
Later I learned it was not really what I needed.

So if you know what you need - yes, it may be worthwhile to pay extra for it. Otherwise - it’s better to learn on cheap lights.
So far I’m still in the learning mode. And I prefer to buy stuff that’s cheap but not too cheap. This means that almost all my lights are in the $10-$40 range.

Even the “knowing what you like” is not a sure way to keep from acquiring too many lights. I’ve known for years what I like, but I keep trying new sizes, shapes, and brands just in case I might like one of them better! :person_facepalming:

Can someone who is apparently more broke than me please claim that Astrolux? Craziness… :slight_smile:

Finding the “right” light to fill your need is kind of like finding a fossil that fills a hole in the evolutionary chain. You think you’ve filled a hole….but now there are holes on either side of your find. :smiley:

It’s yours!

Woo-hoo! Awesome, thank you!! I ended up getting really interested in this one once I read up on it a bit. I’ll try to pay it forward with a knife or light GAW of my own sometime in the near future.

Great output, rechargeable, but you’ll need to know the UI forward and backwards else it’s easy to crank on the death ray level!

Well, that was easy! :wink:

Now just the Wowtac is left?

Yep, I read up on that a little bit too, crazy output for such a small package! :smiling_imp:

Hopefully I’ll be okay with it since I have a little experience with Biscotti and Narsil. Not a complete UI noob anyway…

Id be interested in the Wowtac. The only zoomie i’ve ever owned was one of the $5 sk68 clones

Just passing by to say this: this is the kind of thing that makes me love BLF :slight_smile: As someone in a very bad financial spot who was graced with one such GAW a while back, I say thank you so much for looking out for the little guy, bansuri and the kind anonymous donator of the A3, and everyone else who supported this initiative.

I’ll get back to you tonight. Sorry for the delay.

I’m sad…

I really liked the Emisar D4…

So WHY did I do it?

It was my favorite light…

It was my new EDC…

I was showing it off to a friend at work…

I don’t know why it happened…

I gave it away! :person_facepalming: