Another CPF refuge

+1. Cant get enough of them. I believe OL has looked at the new Maglites and given his impressions.

One of the mods on CPF asked me what the capital of north carolina was ...and i said washington dc ....and she said no. your wrong. ... i said you've got a lumpy butt... and she got mad and yelled at me and i peed my pants and i never did changed my pee pants all day.... i'm still sittin' here in my dirty pee pants.

Feeling OK Boaz?

No matter what happens in this thread though, we can all just scroll up and stare into Mila’s eyes to fix it…

*edit And yes where are my manners, welcome Neil :slight_smile:

welcome aboard, Neil :beer:

Home made e-bike on Mongoose frame:
Xlyte 5304 DD hub in 26 inch wheel.
18 x 4110 MOSFET Lyen (Xie Chang) controller.
20s4p LiPo pack 20 Ah 84 volt 25C continious 50C burst Nano tech packs. When one of these pouch cells pop makes an 18650 popping look like a birthday cake candle.

I did run it at 100volt, (24series), fully ‘stoked’ controller.
In that config before at 100 volts it was pulling 140 amps from the battery pack on acceleration, 300 phase amps
Still accelerating at 55 mph.

>)

I am on the Endless Sphere e-bike forums under the same username as here.

I was asking about building an off road farm flood light / portable pack…not for any reason than to see if i could do it, from the biggest and baddest Cree LED I could find. 35mm x 35mm . The sort reserved for lighting industrial areas :slight_smile:

the thread, now closed is here

I have some quick images of the 10 minute lathe job on the two SingFire myles.com lamps.

Will drag them off the phone and post them up in a new thread in a moment

wow that virgil Mod guy sounds like a .

Welcome to BLF NeilP :slight_smile:

Here is my first attempt at a very quick mod.
Still need to change the driver and maybe up the current. this was just a 5 minute lathe job when they first arrived.

Welcome to BLF!

Welcome to the forum NeilP. Hope you have a great time here. Lot of those details go over my head, but a fast electric bike sounds like a real rush. Seen some at drag strips and some of them are breathtaking to watch in action.

wow 20s4p? I’ve only seen 24v & 48v. Why so much voltage? Last time I road with my 300 pound cousin he towed me in line (jimmy rig some twine) and we road off at 15-20MPH for a good 5 miles. He goes around 30+ MPH. IMO anything faster needs motorcycle brakes.

Nah, good Disk brakes are fine
Especially with regen braking and good planning and driving skills.
I don’t ride at max speed very often. And only then where there are no blind exits

Did run at 24 series 100 volts for a while. That is when it hit 55 and still pulling

Maybe he is working his way up to the Killacycle :smiley:

http://www.killacycle.com/

0-100mph in 6 seconds!!

Nice, but no

I found 55mph to much so dropped it down to less than 40mph.

I do have another build in progress, 34 series battery pack, but a slower winding motor in a smaller wheel . So greater acceleration with similar top end. 24 x IRFB 4115 mosfet contrller

Welcome to the BLF. I hope you have as much fun here as I do. A place to unwind, see creativity unfold and ideas in plethora evolve. I love it!

My post disappeared for no reason. Was there a server crash or something? I did nazi that coming. :bigsmile:

Thanks for trying to say ‘Hi’ anyway !

I've lurked on the bike forum (http://endless-sphere.com) where NeilP is a member for years. He is a most standup guy from all the posts I encountered.

Howdy Neil!

welcome to the forum :slight_smile: