Another Massdrop Brass AAA Lumintop review (Pix Hvy)

OK, I recently discovered that I’m in the same boat. Changed out the battery, still dead. Waited overnight. Still dead. It’s the drop dead gorgeous blue Titanium version Massdrop put out in 2019. Are any replacement switches and instructions for replacement available? ?

Mine is in the trash can huddled in a pool of bad chili. I decided to order something different that activates with a twist to connect the battery. Less to go wrong.

Ive never heard of this eSwitch has failed before.

I would contact Massdrop, they have good customer service in my experience.

I would also contact Lumintop separately, to ask whether they sell replacement switches. Please share what you learn.

as far as instructions, if you can source the switch, people here can coach you on installation.

===

now another possibility
are you sure its the switch that is the problem?

could it be poor contact between the battery tube and the pill inside the head?

I was recently contacted by someone with a Copper Tool, with mechanical tailswitch. The light had stopped working.

They wanted to know how to fix the switch. That was not the problem.

Backing out the pill by 1/4 turn was the solution.

The problem was that the pill had slowly gotten tightened, during battery changes.

When the light would not turn on, the owner reported that sometimes it worked if they made the head really tight.

understand?
the pill turned and got farther away from the end of the body tube.

I recommended that in the future, change the battery at the tail. To reduce the chance of the body tube being overtightened, and causing the pill in the head to screw in further towards the glass, away from the body.

hope thats not too long of an answer, and that it actually helps

Ive now fixed two lights with this, “back out the pill 1/4 turn” solution… let me know if I can add to the score with yours

-

poor chili
twist lights are prone to the same “failure”, IF the pill is not glued in
twist lights also turn on in pocket, when they are not sufficiently unscrewed
clicky lights such as the tool can be used as twisties if desired

fwiw
I have removed the pill on a handful of Massdrop aaa Tools for the purpose of changing the LED. Most of them were glued in, extremely well, but I did “get lucky” on one, that was not glued in and easily unscrewed with little force.

so anyone with an AAA Tool that is not working… check if the pill is glued in, or whether you can unscrew it 1/4 turn, using some pointed tweezers… its not difficult, unless its glued in

and if the Pill IS glued in, then it is more likely the issue is the switch… to confirm would require swapping a known working tailswitch… meaning, you gotta have a working Tool.

Honestly, don't care. I tried a new battery and such. Nada. It's not worth my time to spend even troubleshooting. I was a bit upset when I bought it that it was an electronic switch (I didn't know at the time) and my fears were realized. I rarely use this particular flashlight as it sits in my laptop bag, but when I needed it to work today, it didn't. I can't afford that in the future.