Another my first mod/DIY - help needed :-)

Definitely a good idea to double up on emitters and having an extra driver is smart as well. Best way to have a stress free first modding experience! :slight_smile:

You’re probably well aware, but just thought I’d reiterate that those two emitters have vastly different tint/temperature. The 2A is rather cool or “blue” and the 5D3 puts out very warm light more like an incandescent. Should be fun to compare the two when you get them :slight_smile:

You’ll probably find out soon enough that whatever you order you will somehow find a way to misuse enough parts that you will need more. The discrepancy between what you buy and what you are finally able to use minus what you have destroyed is what we call the parts bin.

Damn! -forgot to order two drivers :-p
Yes i know about the difference in tint. I would have ordered neutral white, but the bare LED was only available in Cool white

Haha - getting there. Already running low on parts :slight_smile:
My dad asked me to find a night scope for his air gun. So now i need to build a IR flashlight, and buy/build a picatinny setup with mounts for camera, flashlight, batteries and screen. Will make a new topic about that :slight_smile:

My first finished build - including my first reflow, and first try at soldering (well since primary school 15 years ago). Damn! it's bright! And white! (used the xm-l2 U3 cool white)

Reflow setup included the burner from my Jetboil Flash, and a piece of copper:

Board screwed down:

Reflector of the finished light.