Another Skyray flames out

TF-3T6 should last longer and runs cooler due to being constant current and better heat sinking, but is a little less bright

looks like manafont sell a replacment driver for the TR-3T6

Triple T6 Cree Circuit Board Driver

it might work for the burnt out sky rays...

Hey, does anyone know where I can buy extension tubes (preferably not from china) for 3x T6 TrustFire and TrustFire T6 zoom? Oh…for extra 18650 battery. Thanks.

@benckie, the driver in the 3800 is a dual-wafer pancake design. Just from eyeballin', the vertical circuit board is a nogo in the 3800 head.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

EDIT: I'd love to find a 3-mode, higher current driver for my 818. The 5-mode driver shipped with my 818 is a bit flaccid. Disappointing.

Bugger I was hoping it might help some guys out

It my pay to buy an empty trustfire TR-1200 host as the extention tubes from mine fit my trustfire 3T6 the you would get two lots of extention tubes a spare glass lense, tail cap switch and bezel I’ve seen them for 10 usd free shipping but from china sorry

In one of these SkyRay threads I mentioned that my version one drop-in model shorted out. I have been swapping emails with Manafont for the last few weeks. They finally decided to send me a new drop-in. I told them I needed to make an order anyways and if convenient for them they could just ship the drop-in with my order.

A few days later they told me that the drop-in was discontinued and they would have to see if they could still get one. I replied back "When you get something to ship, I will make my next order". I am not sure I have the stomach for this budget thing. Very frustrating.

Trustfire TR-1200 LED Flashlight Tube (No LED emitter)

or a TR-1200 3 x 18650 might be better if you can find a bare host

Thanks for 1200 idea for extension tubes.

no problem sorry the link is from HK but ive only seen them on DX and manafont but i like manafont better.

Woohoo, Manafont said they would send me the parts required to repair my Sky Ray 3800.

When they told me the news, I purchased a Trustfire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 (3 x 18650), two UltraFire 3 mode drop-ins, and the two dollar air freight, and told them to put the SR parts in the box to save them some shipping if they wanted to. The package left Hong Kong Saturday.

I got the impression Jim@Manafont was pleading my case behind the scenes, but I wasn't confident that a happy conclusion would happen. Thank you Jim.

I am back in the game, yaay. Now I think I will go skim through the "Dry Triple XM-L" threads. The neutral DD looks interesting.

NW is sold out atm but you should get one as soon as they are available. Finally could try mine out after i had to wait for a replacement battery carrier and especially in nature it's great! great colors, 'warm' pleasant feeling. Mine is a 4-mode, going to get me a new 4-mode driver with DD instead of strobe! Saw some pictures of the nitecore TM11 as well, but it's over my budget, probably cool white only, it has a lot nice features over the DRY but at a cost of 3x the DRY it also should :). I think me and my DRY are going to have a very happy relationship!

I got a new driver board sent to me by Lightake for my DOA Skyray also. It is now back and working perfectly! I also have the Trustfire TR6 - and the Skyray is a lot brighter. It would be great if someone could sell replacement drivers for the Skyrays - Lightake said the boards are simply too hard to source. Hopefully Manafont will come to the rescue here.