Antother hi from the netherlands

Hello, my name is Bart (16) and i am from the netherlands.
I have bought my first flashlight (ap pro series 125 lumen) 2 years ago. I was amazed by the amount of light that came out of it, especially when i compared it to my dads 3D maglite with LED bulb. Since 4 weeks agoo i found a 3t6 light on ebay by sniffing around. It sayd 3800 lumen and i was like: damn… so i bought it for 30 bucks. When i got it i was blown away by the brightnes of it. But… i saw the 15t6 on ebay and i just wanted it… so i sold my 3t6 to a friend. I now have the 15t6 and i must say, it is bright as sh*t. But i compared it to my old 3t6 and i found it was not 5x brighter as you would expect. So i started looking on the internet and found blf. I found out the 15t6 is way underdriven. (I am a complete noob in modding an electrical terms but i will try to learn it :slight_smile: So i began reading more on this forum and got flashlight fever. So here i am!

My collection as of today: 125 lumen ap pro series, 15t6, ultrafire 7w q5, 3D maglite. ( ordered: ultrafire c8 and another 3 ultrafire 7w q5’s cince i like them very much)

Welcome to BLF, Bart! I’m just 17 myself. I’m sure you will love it here!

Welcome!

Welcome.

FACT, :bigsmile:

Dutch: Nou Bart, jij gaat wel erg laat naar bed dan voor een 16jarige. Misschien omdat je morgen een dagje vrij hebt? ;)

Welcome to BLF.

As a fellow teen, I welcome thee! BLF is what got me to get a part time job. It has been a black hole for me ever since.

Have a nice time here, theLIGHTINGDUTCHMAN!

Hi welcome to BLF!
I saw the nick, laughed a bit coz found it funny then when I loaded the page, found it was not so funny to see your nick encroaching in posting space :smiley:

Welcome.
Have fun! :smiley:

Welcome to budgetlightforum
Dutch people are getting more and more common here

Yeah i saw it too when it was too late to change it… Well at least im special now XD

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
If anyone wants me tot do a review of a flashlight i own just say so, ill be happy to do it.

Welcome to BLF!

Good to see flashaholic fledglings. :slight_smile:
I’m quite young myself, and I’m sure you’ll pick up electronics easily.

Any intention of modding the 3D mag?

Welcome to BLF, Bart.

Expect blunt force trauma to your wallet any day now. I hope you know there is no going back!

Well i would love to mod it but its actiually my dads flashlight and he thinks its fine as it is now… we do have the cree led insted of the incandesant version.

Welkom Bart! I'm not quite 16 anymore, but there's enough time left to rebuild an extra few lights. Enjoy your stay at BLF!

NOG een Nederlander??

Welkom!

Wel lachen dat je naam niet in de layout past :smiley:

But, before we take over this place completely, let’s continue in English…

The 3D Maglite, especially in silver, is probably the best looking flashlight ever designed.
I’m looking for one to mod.
I might buy a new one for €30,—
I daydream of a 3D Maglite with 3x 32650 and a MT-G2.

Enjoy your stay here!

the 3D mag-lite can be had for less than €15, and mattaus has a new buck driver to do it with the modes you want.

maybe if you ask the admin nicely, he can put in a few spaces into your username.

Here in the Netherlands I have to pay around $20.— shipping for those deals…
Found the old incan version for €30.— with free shipping from a Dutch vendor, is the lowest price I could find for a new one…
I’ll maybe start a topic on it, as it is a timeless design that many people love.

Is there a US equivalent of craigslist over there? You might have some luck there.

This is why I love blf. No one jumps down your throat for derailing a thread. :bigsmile: