Any better defense tool flashligt out there?

Not so many lumen in this one, but it is cheap….
Any alternatives?
http://m.banggood.com/Outdoor-Emergency-Anti-Wolf-Self-Defense-Torch-Lamp-Powerful-Emergency-Defensive-Lamp-LED-FlashLight-p-1083993.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc_elc&utm_campaign=svp-defense1-in-eu1-m-1865&utm_content=Jas&utm_ho=1865

Love these type of light , yeah the light tint is awful but it just feels nice to have one at all the doors. I got one in the car with 3 AA cells, the head can be zoomed out to reveal a red diffuser.
Still should mod one to have aral nice emitter and driver, plenty of sace for cooling ;)p

Check AliExpress they start at around $9

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2000-Lumen-CREE-Q5-LED-3-Modes-Baseball-Bat-Flashlight-Security-Light-Torch/32758018705.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5W-Black-LED-Spiked-Mace-Baseball-Bat-Long-Security-Flashlight-Torch-Lamp-3-Modes-100-240v/32600933466.html

Cheaper than a 6 cell mag light,although could be harder to explain away (in the UK at least) to law a enforcement officer :slight_smile: I guess a 9mmm could be another alternative.
Might have to get one of these as they have started re introducing wolf’s in to the UK, so could come in handy, in case I come across one whilst walking my dog in the woods :wink:

Maybe some of the flashlights discussed in this BLF thread are still available ?

If I had to use something for self defense I would rather use this one haha
http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/products/solarforce-gladiator-professional-security-flashlight-body-with-3-dummy-18650-batteries-pouch

If its night the best self defence is a light with over 1000 lumens and has strobe memory with a forward clicky

What THE HELL is with the picture depicting a fella falling through a plate-glass window? Or is he smashing it?
The marketing people for this product need shot fired

There is one picture of people with candles having a seance. :laughing:

Lol, and it’s all class how in that picture, and the pic of Mr. Tent Man they aren’t even using that stick for illumination :person_facepalming:
One has a lantern the other candles or similar :smiley:

Hate to keep making fun of it…

But! :smiley:

Do you think this means it’s the perfect tool for vandalizing parked cars?! :stuck_out_tongue:

I tell ya, I’m loving it personally. The lengths some sellers go to are phenomenal. I recall not too long ago an advert for the G700 mentioning terrorism. Like a POS torch is going to stop that. That kind of emotional string-pulling grinds my gears.

joa, whatever you buy, some folks incorrectly call them head thumpers. DO NOT use it in that manner unless deadly force, that is, killing someone, is warranted because I guarantee that you’ll need to justify that in court. Do some research to find out how to use an impact weapon. The collar bone comes to mind. Break one and that arm is useless, break both and the perpetrator will need someone to feed him and wipe his butt for the next month or so. By that time reality should be setting in. But then there are arm bones (the radius and ulna break easily), knee cap, shins, and such. But you get the idea. Just never the head; hitting the head can be lethal. A book on the subject that comes to mind was written by Massad Ayoob and the name is Modern Police Impact Weapons, Impact Weapons, or some such. I doubt that it’s still in print, but you might find a used copy. Or contact the author to see if he has any copies for sale. He’s not difficult to find on the ’net.

Have you considered a light/stun baton? I have one that unless deployed is a strange looking anemic light. But hit the button and out jumps a baton with a million volts when it’s actuated. It doesn’t use mass to get folks to back off. Just touch it to them and hit the button, or better yet, wait for them to grab it for better contact THEN hit the button. No one tells you when to stop stunning them either, or where… you decide that. There is also, or was, a light with 3 million volts, but it’s just a light and one has to get close to employ it. Yeah, I have one of those too. I used to teach this stuff and I’d pull one out now and then and hit the button just to enliven the class :slight_smile: . If this stuff interests you just google it. There are lots of suppliers here in the US.

Of course you could always stun someone into submission with strobe effect. If you believe that, I have oceanfront property on the moon for sale. :slight_smile:

Edit: I’ve also seen (and have) a collapsible baton that when collapsed looks like just another anemic light. But a flick of the wrist turns it into a baton. If you need an impact weapon and a light that would be my choice since it’s so short before it’s put into action. Yes, it collapses when you decide it should be. Since they’re slim they break bone readily or hurt like the dickins (good for you bad for them) when that’s required.

I carry one without light attachment on occasions while dog walking (not that a 75lb Shepherd x, or big torch won’t do the trick) I’ve replaced the tailcap with a glass breaker for a secondary impact option.
It’s illegal here to do so, but yeah me and my dogs safety comes first. And the only people that will (hopefully never) see it aren’t exactly going to call the cops…
“So, officer, I was attacking this dude after I took out his dog and he pulled a baton on me”
Yeap that’s not gonna happen.

How about one of those flashlight wallets and Mod it with an LED that will blind the attacker for a good while?

A while back, I was searching or a stun baton with a flashlight. This was about as far as I got… Want an idea for a cool blf product? Let’s make one of these things on steroids. We can call it “Lucille” (walking dead fans will get it)

https://www.amazon.com/Streetwise-Security-Products-SWBAR9R-Flashlight/dp/B00G2THC8G

9MM volts sounds like a nice punch.

I dont think a strobe will help much in a situation full of adrenalin. The attacker will probably laugh at you or get more angry. I would say the best is pepper spray.

Get a regular flashlight and a can of this Grizzly Bear grade pepper spray

Exactly what I was thinking. Let’s show the potential customer all the things you can smash. I love this ad, though, and give them an A+ for effort. Especially like this one. Official light of the female special forces unit.

I’m not sure why they’re wearing backpacks and eye protection. They sure went to into a lot of detail to convey something, whatever it is. I agree on the A+. There’s really not much more you could ask them to do with this advertisement, they’ve covered everything.