any info on next "most powerful flashlight"???

Im looking in to buying the Imalent DX80 for around $270 usd but i dont want to spend that kind of money if theirs going to be a new lumen king out soon so i was just wondering if i should go for it or wait.

The AceBeam X70 is supposed to hit 40,000 lumens and throw 1000m. It has active cooling too.

Thanks for the heads up!!! any speculated release dates?

It’s awesome but at 600 bucks? Imalent dx80 sounds like a good buy. 32.000 vs 40000 is pretty close and hard to justify the price. But I admit I love the idea of active cooling.

imalents quality is very bad i read, u cant compare them to acebeam or olight, those two make top of the line flashlights, and i havent seen any other manufacturer announce a flashlight with 3 active fans and make it waterproof… that aint cheap to make so 600$ for such a fan with that output seems about right.

Astrolux is also working on a lumen monster, the MF05: [♛ FreemeGB] ASTROLUX MF06 CREE High Power Flashlight with Active Cooling - Not Quite there Yet

Astrolux MF05 has been announed as an active-cooled flashlight that will pump the output to about 48000 lumens (at least on paper?), and might surpass the Imalent DX80
and Acebeam X70 when it is going to be released at the end of 2018

Damn it! Oh well something else to look forward to.

Probably something from vinh.
He always goes for the highest lumen output mods.

+1

By waiting for months to get the next best thing, you will lose months of fun with current best thing, which you can get today.

thats true, by the time the first 40k lumen light is out, not long after the race for 50k and up will follow etc… so u can wait forever more or less …

True, people here talk about numbers like 30-50k while Vinh has been selling 100k lights already.

It doesn’t matter how bright a flashlight is if it’s reliability stinks. Seriously, stay away from anything made by Imalent.

That is true. I have 16 Vinh lights. ALL of them are practical. These 100K lumen lights are not. You can not even use them 1 minute on MAX output.I forget which light it is. Maybe a TK75 or X65 version where the step down is in 20 seconds! Hell, at 10%[drivervn] of 100K lumens your still talking about 10K lumens which can not be used for long either.

Nothing against Vinh. He builds them and people buy them and they like the WOW factor.

Practically speaking,these lights are not practical! :wink:

EDIT: I found one of the lights. It is an X65vn 2870[28 X XHP70]–100K Lumens!

I have a DX80 and love it. I figured I’d get the best NOW instead of waiting months (sometimes YEARS) for a release.

I don’t have any issues with it thus far and been using it daily on walks with my dog.

Is it practical. Who gives a shit. I didn’t buy it to be practical. I bought it because RIGHT NOW it’s a freakin’ beast. And I’m bored as shit on my walks. Gives me something that puts a giant smile on my damn face every time I double click the button.

Glad you are enjoying it. Yours is Not 100K lumens! That is what I was saying is impractical.Yours is borderline! lol!

I do not know the light, just heard of many problems with that brand.

I would think there are much lower modes you can use which can make it practical. I would guess it steps down in a minute or so from 40K?

I hope it continues to be reliable for you.

welcome to BLF :sunglasses:

Thanks - my statement was not directed towards you or anyone else, it was just a general statement on the light.

It does step down after 3 minutes to 13k I think, but I never have it on that long. I’m in Los Angeles, cars zipping by, people everywhere. I throw it on turbo once there’s low traffic for about a minute or so. Then drop it down to 5k. Repeat every few minutes to get rid of the boredom. Light goes dark when dogs taking a dump. He likes his privacy.

How are they making it waterproof, with fans??? What’s it got… a snorkel on it?

You know that motors work under water, right?
A fan is just a motor with blades on it.
The only problem is preventing corrosion once it is out of the water, which can be done by covering wires and windings with epoxy/resin.