Any new developments on the 16340 front?

I have some TF Flames from Tmart, and they seem to be good. JohnnyMac did a review thread on them and I posted my capacity results in there somewhere.

I found the nitecore 16340 to be the best available, sadly FT has raised the prices…
Definitely a lot better than Trustfire…

Thanks Relic, that was one of the things I read that made me think they might be OK!

Delivery time should be better too!!

Not sure if this is game breaking but 16340s are rated 550-750 mah… But if you buy primaries say Xtar 16340 (non-rechargable) they are rated 1400 mah (3V only tho).

link: http://www.eliteflashlights.com/xtar-1400mah-cr123a-3v-lithium-battery-p-97.html

Thanks Feilox, those look really good, but I’m not into primaries. 8)

Quick update….I found the best 16340 is a 18350! In other words, I’ve got a JB RRT01 heading this way. Probably run an AW 18350 IMR in it, but Xtar’s 800mAh looks good on HKJ’s comparator too.

AW IMR16340’s are the best I have used. Good for high drain applications. Not a lot of mAh’s but that’s the way it goes I guess.

Efest also works well, gives me 3 amps like nothing.

At 3A I like the AW IMR 16340 too, 18sixfifty, but it looks like the Efest IMR V2 nudges it out…just barely.

In the 18350 size (still @ 3A), it’s the other way around with the AW staying above the Efest the whole way. (All this info is thanks to HKJ’s comparator)

I can drive a few miles and buy AW batteries at a vaping store, so that’s usually the way to go around here for the small batteries. For 18650 I’ve been loving the Sanyos from FT. Also, gonna try some unprotected 3400 Pannys since I won some on Wallbuys for $6.69 a pair!

I have bought a 16650 battery from this seller to use in place of two 123a batteries.
no problems

Cool I’ll keep that in mind if I go to buy anymore soon. I just might because I have a Crelant that is not functioning right with the old batteries I have.

+1
i’ve used one with no problems in a jb bc10 charged with a nano charger

comfy - what's that P60 doin in output? Does it appear to be stable? I'd be interested in doing something like that if it's a real burner... Maybe you have info in a thread already?

I got some Sibeile IMR 16340s and 18350s, but from a different Ebay seller, with orange wraps, and was using them in a short DST with MT-G2.

I posted on ImA4Wheelr’s DST throw thread about this. Originally, I was using 2xSibeile IMR 18350s, and was getting tailcap current of 3.46 amps, and when I switched to 2xEfest IMR 18350s, I got tailcap 4.81 amps.

I think I had seen a review of the Sibeile’s from HKJ where he said that they weren’t behaving like IMRs.

At least for me, the Efests were much better.

Yes, I believe he established that Sibeiles are NOT IMRs! I hate mislabeled batteries…

I just noticed his review of their 18650:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20532https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20532

So probably the same case for the 18350s, i.e., they may not be IMRs?

Exactly, they said they will remove “IMR” from their packaging, although they left “LiMn” on there, which means the same thing! :~

No, don't waste your time. There aren't any P60 reflectors that work worth a damn, I tried everything. But, an XRE reflector in a C8 (the ones with the flat area around the emitter hole, not the XML versions with the taper all the way to the bottom) works pretty nice. The driver mod itself works great though.

The pill has to be shortened to fit two 18350s into a standard C8:

Wow! I just got surprised by (4) Solarforce 880mA 16340s in my mailbox!! Forgot about’em…we’ll see how they do, they don’t fit in my Olight S-10 but do fit in the EC-1. Then there’s the RRT01 coming in… :wink:

Update: the Solarforce 880s are awesome! They last like an 18350 but are quite a bit larger than a ‘normal’ 16340. They fit my EC1 and RRT01 just fine, but not the S10.

A hearty “Tallboy Approved” rating! :party: