Any plumbers, water department or construction people here? I need some help.

I have looked locally and I can not find some items I need for a reasonable price. I need 2’ of 8” PVC, a 8” PVC slip/slip coupling, and a 8” to 6” reducer. If anybody can help me locate these for a reasonable price I would appreciate it. Nobody locally has any scrap pieces of 8” PVC, all they have are complete sections that start out at $150.

Should be able to get the pieces from a commercial plumbing company or from a company that makes spillways for ponds. Search the internet using “pond dam piping” or “spillway”. If you can’t find it, I know someone who works for a very large plumbing/pipe laying company that might be able to get the pieces.

Thick walled 8” PVC is going to be heavy. 8” drain pipe will be thinner walled and much lighter but will have a slightly different OD and ID. It is also going to be MUCH cheaper for a 10’ length.
Another option would be ABS, it is black and also much lighter (and stronger) than PVC, but costs even more than the PVC.

Yeah, I need cheaper is better.

5 Feet of pipe $48.95

8 inch slip/slip coupling $30.10

8” to 6” reducer $30.12

$109.17 Plus shipping of course.

:_(

Ebay - $31.78 shipped or make offer - 2 feet of pipe - one piece left at the time of this post.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-8-Inch-Schedule-40-White-Soild-Core-PVC-Pipe-2-Foot-Section-/252018469578?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aad78aaca

8” coupling $28.44 shipped or make offer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-SCH-40-WHITE-PVC-COUPLING-S-X-S-/231506582144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e6de1a80

Consider using 8” sonotube. It’s cheap, lightweight and it has the advantage of coming in slightly different diameters. They do that so that they can fit inside each other so that they can be shipped more economically. The advantage to you could be that you could fine tune the exact diameter you need, or you could select 2 slightly different sizes so that you can have them slide in each other to create a zoomie
:slight_smile:

there’s always scraps at construction sites in the big dumpsters.
Ask plumbers for their leftover scraps.

Small garbage can or bucket ?

In which area are you in? You should be able to get it from a local commercial plumbing company. Even consulting a local plumber might help. They have these scrap pieces left. I contacted a friend of mine who is a plumber new jersey and he told me that he can help. You can contact him in this case.

Come Monday morning, pick up a box of donuts and head over to your local Public Works yard. Most of them have a “Bone Yard” of scraps and pieces that are of no use to them…you might get lucky!

I got a piece of PVC

Look here