Any recommendations for camp lantern

Thorfire KL02 on Ali is $3.91 only.

If you want a really sharp one with lots of lumens then I’ll go for the Internova Yeti 800 Monster LED Camping and Emergency Lantern or if you want to have an economical one then the Suaoki Collapsible Clover Style 18 Led lantern is a good option. This article helped me a lot and it includes these two lanterns I’ve just mentioned (The 10 Best Outdoor LED Camping Lanterns of 2019 ). Hope this info helps :slight_smile:

A clone of the Zanflare T1 is available:
amazon.com/OHLUX-Magnetic-Adsorption-Brightness-350Lumens/dp/B07ZFDM4P5

If backpacking, weight and bulk are top concerns. A collapsible lantern or a flashlight plus diffuser might be the best options in that situation. One interesting possibility is the Nitecore LA10 which has the diffuser built in (non-removable) and runs on a single AA.

For other types of camping, the Siege 3-AA is a sturdy, small lantern with a choice of 200/100/50 lumens. If you don’t value the lower modes, another lantern of similar size but more output is the Lepro AA lantern. It gives the option of cool tint, warm tint, or both mixed (the latter gives max output- 350 lumens).

Nobody mentions the new Lumintop CL2 with 4x14500 cells. I have ordered one from Neals Gadgets and am still waiting for its delivery.

Has anyone tested this new camping lantern? What are its major pros and cons?

we go camping frequently due to Covid and use this lantern, it is a cheaper variant to what we actually wanted. Maybe we’ll go for something better this year https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/\_A0fvlf

A good cheap/lightweight option is the 3 AA Life Gear 100 lumen flashlight/lantern. Has white and red LEDs and is lightweight enough to float and even turns on in the red flashing mode if dropped in water. Downsides are that there is no low mode for the white light, the batteries are a bit fiddly to change and the construction is fairly cheap plastic. Another feature which some may consider a downside and some not is the light shuts itself off after 1 hour. Total run time for the lantern is about 14 hrs on eneloops.

I have a couple of enrgizer fusion lanterns, one is a 165 lumen “pop-up” that runs on 4 AA’s and a 330 lumen folding lantern that runs on either 4 or 8 AA’s. These look weird but work pretty well for what they are, the fusion screens do a good job at reducing glare, can be ramped down to about 10% and there is no PWM. Tints are very cool and the construction on these does not seem to be all that rugged or water resistant (the rubber straps on the pop ups always break). Run time on 4 eneloops in the pop-up is about 8 hrs on high and I got over 116 hrs on the lowest mode. The 330 lumen folding lantern will run for about 4 hrs on 4 eneloops (or 8 hrs on 8) on high.

Lately, I have been 3D printing diffusers and stands for many of my Maglites and also on for my Fulton MX991 angle head light running a 55 lumen Nite ize drop-in, I think that the later will make a nice camp lantern and it’s not too heavy running a 26650 Li-ion in a adapter. I also like the C cell Mag ML25 and ML50’s for this running on 21700’s for this.

Here’s the Thread about the Lumintop CL2 with impressions from Users:

The CL2 is a really_ nice looking_ light, but it’s essentially just a 160-ish lumen lantern since the higher modes only run for about 4 minutes (high) or 50 seconds (turbo). With a flashlight those short bursts can be useful, but who uses a lantern like that? Not me. I might enjoy a CL2 as a shelf queen, but that’s about it. For actual use there are more practical lanterns.

These can use as one or separate. I have had these used in my house to save electricity . Hooked up to my goal zero charger 100. Plus you can go spot to flood.

I have used these alot. Alots of light can light up a room.
The new ones have flashlight on top and another new one has a USB recharger on it.

Bring your charger and you will have light for days

The up-coming LT1M will be exactly what your asking for.
Small, compact, light, long run time, bright, tint-ramping, rechargeable, multi-cell compatibility, and indefinite light when used with a 10-watt solar charger.