Any utter AA/AAA bargains on Amazon UK?

Hello all.,

I was recommended to join BLF by 8Steve88. Top guy.

Anyway, I have a nice £40-ish voucher for Amazon UK burning a hole in my virtual pocket.

Can anyone shed any light (pun absolutely intended) on a decent, compact torch which will have the following features. AA or AAA, I’m not sure if I yet need to consider different power sources but if someone would like to convince me I’m all ears, I’d like it to have a moonlight mode due to impending baby. Tail stand would be preferable, as would lanyard hole. Would also like decent main modes for dog walking. I don’t particularly want to spend all of the voucher on it, unless there is something really juicy.

Thanks in advance.

SP

The Thrunite TN4A neutral white is about £35 on amazon uk atm, which is a great price for within the UK in my opinion.

It uses 4x AAs so can reach very high outputs, but does have a moonlight mode etc. A very good all-rounder.

Thrunite sells quite a few of their lights at good UK prices via amazon so you might want to check out their store.

Cheers Redforest, I was thinking more along the lines of a single AA/AAA but I’ll check out the reviews for the Thrunite. Ta.

Thrunite T10S is a good AA light, 2 mode plus moon. Can be set up to use as clicky or silent twisty. I have the T10T, there is also a cheaper aluminium version.

Cheers CRX

I’ll have a look, though I must say my appetite has been whetted by the TN4A……

The TN4a NW is brilliant, just get it no need to think about it!

Got one for as a gift, tried it out first and then ordered one for myself. Very useable modes and very bright turbo for a 4AA light. Very good all round light for the price on Amazon UK.

Hi Scrumpy, which ever light you buy (both are excellent) bear in mind that it wont be your last! Just remember to buy some decent nimh cells and a charger too. Moonlight mode doesnt really matter with babies cos if they ever sleep, they wont wake up if you are wandering around with a torch….they sleep cos you are awake!!
Congratulations on the imminent birth of your baby, I’ve got one that sleeps (like a baby) and one that hasn’t slept for two years! I love both of them, sleep is overrated :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum Scrumpy. 8Steve88 is a top notch guy.

Utter bargain? Not sure if they are on Amazon UK, but the following are about the best bargains I can think of. They are very nice lights by almost any standard. I've been carrying the first one every day ever since I received one. Given and sold numerous of them too and I don't even sell lights.

Hugsby XP-1 (AAA)

Hugsby XP-2 (2AAA)

Hugsby XP-11 (AA)

Hugsby XP-21 (2AA)

Cheers for the advice. I’m already a dad twice over but that was WAY back…. Looking forward to plenty of sleepless nights, but this time as a grey haired 47 year old….

Anyway, I’m still humming and harring over the Thrunite options but those Hugsby’s look a great budget buy for spares etc.

So……

In the end, via Amazon, I got the TN4A at £36.95, the Ti3 at £12.95 and the Ti2 v2 at £7.50 - all neutral white. Should have been £62 but with the vouchers I had (turned out I had another one worth a fiver or so) it only cost me £6.70.

Add to that a couple of Hugsby XP-1’s at £3 each delivered.

Should be sorted for illumination for a while methinks.

Thanks to you all for your input. Oh, and Hopback? 24 days and counting…… Sleep Sleep is for lasses!!!

Newbie mistake… Buy a bunch of flashlights at once and think that will quench the thirst. J)

Here, scrumpypaul, you’re gonna need this. (Click the face) —> ” :stuck_out_tongue: “:Flashaholics Anonymous: The Flashlight Purchase Refusal Kudos Thread

Cheers David…

I’m quite excited about getting some new shiny things that aren’t knives (that is my usual vice)

Okay,

Got my TN4A - an extraordinarily bright thing and very nice build quality. I have yet to test it properly in the proper dark but it seems great. I think it’d be even better with some really good AA’s as the mixed bunch I’ve been using are a little bit old. I’ll get some Eneloops soon. The Ti3 is a smashing little torch and I’m looking forward to making a little lanyard for out then sticking it in my EDC. The Ti2 v2 is poorly machined. It has an irregular gap between head and body which is exacerbated when a battery is fitted. Plus when the head is screwed on it is “out of true”, basically it’s wonky. However I sent a quick email to Thrunite and they’re sending me a replacement. Other than that it seems a nice little key ring torch for the Mrs. Thanks to you all for your input and advice.

SP