anybody had problems with packages from china getting opened and contents swapped?

Just came to the conclusion that the missing BLF A6 I ordered must have been taken out of its shipping package and something else was substituted for it.

The default banggood tracker 17track.com would never register the tracking info. Through discussion with BG CS, I was pointed to Yuntrack.com, which did recognize the tracking info. I got this mystery package with a necklace that I could only track via USPS and it looked like it originated from my town and was shipped to my home. I suspected and just confirmed that it was supposed to me my A6.

The return address on the USPS label was:

Fulfillment Dept #13
1980 US Highway 1, Building 3c
North Brunswick, NJ 08902

It was shipped in one of those gray plastic bags. The bag had been cut and taped with packing tape (I thought maybe it was a customs thing). All that was in the bag was a piece of junk jewelry.

I doubt that it is BGs fault, and I’ve always had good experiences in the past getting what I ordered from overseas. I figure the problem was probably in this “fulfillment dept” or maybe even at the post office. Anyway, I am doing the dance with CS to either get refund or replacement. Kind of disappointing since the last 3 lights I bought (besides these babies ) have either been lost or failed.

Anybody had similar experiences?

I’ve received many orders from BG and GB packed in those plastic bags and so far they have been as ordered, though sometimes a bit more squashed than I’d like to see. I did receive the BLF A6 as ordered and even before Christmas.

KuoH

Not yet so far

Several Chinese companies including tmart use this address.Probably some thief in shipping substituting worthless stuff previously stolen and sending the packages on their way to help obscure where in the shipping chain the theft occurred.

I’ve had a few torn bags with missing items. In your case it could be postal error or theft. In either case you didn’t get the goods so they owe another package.

Not yet so far

Not from any particular supplier, but through the years I’ve received re-taped packages which I presume was done by the shipping outfit because twice I’ve received items with a red sticker indicating that US customs had checked the package. With so many different people handling a package there are bound to be some losses due to theft or mistakes by packers. Just kind of goes with the game. As long as you get what you ordered or a full refund that’s about as good as you can do in situations like that.

Phil

For most of my orders, I pay for tracking. Slightly less often, I buy insurance. So far I have not had any problems. If and when one does arise, I expect to win the argument without too much hassle.

It may be that you are in the right to demand a refund or reshipment for lost packages even when you do not purchase tracking or insurance. I buy it anyway, just to avoid the headaches.

As yet, I have used only the standard, free shipping. My packages arrive via USPS. If I were to select DSL, or another private shipper, that would immediately trigger the filing of a customs notice. When USPS handles a package, customs notice is at its discretion. For the small packages I receive, USPS has not yet filed any customs declaration that I am aware of. That saves a bit of hassle. (Admittedly, this is something of a moot point. My purchases have all been well below the threshold that would require payment of duties in the USA.) Shipping from China to San Francisco has taken about 2-3 weeks.

only customs opened few of my packages so far. nothing gone missing or such

At a lot of shops one can choose to have the logo removed from package, after reading the opening post I will choose that from now on.

Like Mr Duck above, I’ve also had a torn bag with missing contents. In fact I once received a completely empty standard gray shipping bag with a small tear in its side. The USPS had dropped that down inside a clear plastic bag along with a note that basically said “Sorry for the damage. This is how we got it.” Idk…

Never had a substitute item included though. That’s very strange. Why would a thief feel like they should replace what they’re stealing with another item?

Replacing it with some junk the seller also retails makes it look like whoever picked the order or labeled the boxes it was picked from made a mistake, diverting the interest from the thief (or thieves) to somebody else. If the parcel was empty it would have to be a theft.

Phil

I ordered just one battery from LightsCastle and was expecting a letter-size package. To my surprise the mailman rang the doorbell and handed me a package that did not fit the opening in the door. When I opened it, I found the battery I ordered AND a no-brand 9V AC/DC adapter. Quite a surprise! Let me state that I don’t think LightsCastle was involved in it since I could not find the adapter or the SKU-number on the site of LightsCastle.

As a followup, I went through the process with Banggood CS to get a replacement A6. I had about 6 exchanges, then they started to ask for the same information over and over. Luckily, I was able to find Neal on the forums and asked for his help. He was able to talk to his folks and get me a replacement. It arrived today (which was quicker than the original shipment) and everything is in perfect order.

I wanted to publicly thank Neal for his help in resolving my issue and encourage others to reach out to him, should you reach a similar impasse in your dealings with CS. It seems like you can’t get good customer service many places these days, and rarely do you get your money’s worth when you buy a product, so it is really nice when somebody makes the effort (especially from the other side of the world) and stands behind their products. Also, so stoked to have an A6 again!

Cheers to Neal!

Once I had a package opened by customs where they didn’t do a very good job putting it back like they found it.

I’ve gotten plenty of orders ranging from smashed to squished to completely pulverized.

Never got a package where I thought the contents were tampered with.

Ah hahhahaha, so the dumba thief ‘replaced’ something he/she didn’t even steal. Gold.

Had a Fasttech $.89 surface mount resistor order, small envelope show up cut open and empty. Fasttech made good but just a PITA.

Interesting story about Aurabuy I got 2 JacobA60 shipped DHL for about $11 total, another guy got fuzzy slippers instead. …