Anybody Have This Light - Temptation Got to Me - sdeNow 500 Lumen

I took a swing at this for $17 on Amazon. 16340 format, tint likely poor, but mentions glass, SS bezel, stepless dimming, USB rechargeable…

Likely gonna regret it as surely didn’t need it but relatively inexpensive. Anybody have it or at least seen it before?

sdeNow

The UI sounds kinda cumbersome, though. 2click to start ramping, then click when you had enough?

And 100/250/500lm steps? Meh.

Might be a great light otherwise, but dunno if I’d be happy with the UI.

Well, it definitely has what I always look for…bad grammar! :slight_smile:

“It is normal the temperature maybe has some hot during high light mode because the light in high brightness, All-round cooling is need a period of time, it will drop down for about 3-5 minutes, It is Safety after 1000 times test, Just be relax.”

often Chinese instructions in English are hilarious, makes you wonder, is it that hard to find someone who can write in more or less proper English, it seems they just translate word for word, which often makes little sense and confusing, i mean it is not that hard, i know there are plenty of proper English speakers in china, that is not even counting Chinese who speak proper English.

but all of it not nearly as funny as signs on stores in china made in russian,

Is is probably something like the “old” OTR M3 clone mentioned here: Clone of On The Road M3 ~$13
It’s UI was later modded, but I never managed to get a new version.

It is also sold under other different names, which I also mentioned some alike in this post: 16340 leaked - #18 by MascaratumB

IMO, not a great light in terms of UI, but it will do the job!

Also, carefull with parasitic drain, I had it several times when mine was in one piece :smiley:

Yes I can’t wait to see the box/manual ; )

That said, I have many lights where advertising and/or manual/instructions were bad or even laughable that turned out to be pretty decent. We will see.

Yes I figured it had cousins out there. Thanks for the links.

as posted above:
“…is it that hard to find someone who can write in more or less proper English…”

no, but it is more expensive.

As MB said, it is the Jaxmanve by a different name. I liked mine until it croaked. I only used the stepped settings. S2+ TIR fits. Charged perfectly. Mine is in pieces too.
The Wowtac W1 is close and can be found for about that price when on sale and is of better quality. Beware of the included battery. Mine leaked and after that the light was toast.

Yeah after doing some post-purchase homework and input on this thread I think I’m just not gonna pick up the parcel from the Az Hub.

I already have S1R2 and the W1. This little sucker likely to just be frustrating.

Thanks pennzy, Mascaratum and all.

Besides, may ease my guilt over the Civivi Elementum I nabbed at same time. I am keeping that!

I paid $22 for a trustfire MC1 including a 16340 battery (CW). The beam, brightness, and quality surprised me. If I lost it I’d buy another.

Many Chinese that speak or write “chinglish” believe they are using proper English. There are some that actually believe their version of English is an improvement. “It’s more precise”. It could be we’ll all be speaking that way in 30 years.

Cityspeak.