Anyone ever filed a Dispute on AliExpress?

So was this a torch or related item you bought?

I’ve placed more than 50 AliExpress orders; only one of them led to a dispute.

The seller was supposed to send a pack of 10 components, but only sent one component. When I complained, they messed me about for a few days, then ignored me altogether. I raised a dispute with AliExpress, the seller ignored them as well, and AliExpress sent me the correct refund within the advertised 7 days. I was very happy with AliExpress’ service; it was every bit as good as EBay or Paypal.

I had like 6-7 disputes already. All for items not arriving. All ended well with little fuss.

Aliexpress is all about your reputation. If it’s your first order, even if you have all the proof, it could take time to be processed. And there is various level of customer account, depending how often you spend and how much you spend during the year.
My first dispute on Ali took a very very long time to settle, more than one month I think.
Now that I am Platinum (there is even a Diamond level above that), when I do a dispute, it’s settled in 2-3 days and they just say “considering that your account has always been in good standing…”

Hello. I’m sharing this awful experience I’ve had with a dispute I filed a couple of weeks ago. I’ve been using AliExpress for just a few months and ordered a set of adult toys that I was not aware at the time were classified as prohibited items in my country. They eventually got confiscated and I brought this to seller’s attention, which she only kept insisting that my items were only being held and not confiscated. The main problem I see here is language barrier.

The shipping company, DHL, sent me copies of official documents from Burerau of Customs along with other supporting documents, to prove that my order was detained, and then seized after examination. I explained all this to the seller and she only continued to deny even after I already sent her copies of the documents.

I had no choice but to file a dispute since we seemed to be getting nowhere.

Since I had two items in my order, separate dispute claims were filed for each item and this is where it got frustrating. One dispute AliExpress ruled valid, while the other was ruled invalid and I was told it was my responsibility to take care of clearance from customs. It seems that they were handled by different case management teams. What I’m truly disappointed about is that the document I submitted as evidence expressly states the decision of customs to detain and seize my items along with a detailed explanation (laws violated), and yet case management team still asks me to have it cleared. Are they even reading the documents? This prompted a lot of chats with customer care who, fortunately, understood the documents and found it confusing why case management ruled differently for my two disputes even though I submitted the same set of documents.

I also find it unfair that I feel it’s the seller that’s being protected despite not keeping her promise of a discreet packaging by disclosing the full description of my order’s contents. Never mind that I ordered those items as gifts for a friend who’s getting married. It still caused me a lot of embarrassment and now I stand to lose my money because of some language barrier.

We are a seller from Aliexpress. Let me explain something here.

1> Now most sellers accept Paypal. Cause aliexpress has this function. Seller could combine their stores with Paypal account if they want.

2> Generally speaking, Aliexpress is urging seller and buyer to use their own logistics which is called Aliexpress shipping. Its warranty delivery time is within 60 days to most countries. Sometimes it goes fast and arrives earlier. But sometimes, it arrives late or lost. Especially European and Russia. From aliexpress developement trending, more and more shipping methods will be removed. Actually, it is not good to seller.

3> Dispute. Here you will understand why Aliexpress shipping is best choice. If you select this shipping way, it will be Aliexpress who will contact and refund you, not seller doing this. Once the dispute is opened, the seller does not have right to handle this. Aliexpress will go into directly. As far as what we experienced, aliexpress will refund directly for most 90% dispute.

That’s really nice to know. I’ve had between 35 and 45 purchases at AliExpress and I’ve had only one issue, which led to my current dispute. I actually paid for EMS shipping but I was surprised that seller shipped it thru DHL without consulting me. I only found out she shipped it with notification I received about shipped orders. I’ve had bad experience with DHL before so I was happy with EMS. Now the more frustrating part is, case management does not understand the document I submitted as evidence even though it clearly states my order waa confiscated by customs and was denied clearance. AE judgment advised me to work on getting clearance. It’s like going around in circles.