Anyone got one of these?

I saw these on Amazon.com:

Thorfire PF10 1xAAA

I cannot seem to find any reviews by any flashlight sites like here, the ones on the website mentioned are typical and do not cover any depth. I am just wondering if anyone has one of these? I have one on order….

They seem similar (rebranded?) to THIS

It looks very much the same. I’ve ordered the MDXL once and got the same light with “TANGSPOWER” written on it. It’s not much better like the usual “Police” light, mine have also very sloppy threads. The price Eachine asks for writing “ThorFire” on it is highly overpriced. For $10 you can get way better AAA lights, e.g. almost two Hugsby XP-1’s with a Cree LED…

I had not seen the Hugsby’s before, thanks for that. I like the single AAA for “have with me all the time” carry, problem is that they can get lost. I have been looking for some cheaper lights than my favored Streamlight Microstream. I run a 10440 in my Microstream and it spoils me for output (NOT runtime) on a 10440…. I will order a Hugsby XP-1 for comparison. Thanks for the information on the other one, I was looking at the threads in the pictures and thought they looked a bit sloppy as well, ironically…

If you have one of the Hugsby single AAA lights, have you tried a 10440 Li-Ion in it? I know they say they are not rated for them, but the Streamlight Microstream is not “officially” rated for them either, but run like a champ with one in them (for about 20 minutes).

I actually cancelled the order for the Thorfire, and found two of the Hugsby’s on Ebay for $8.66 HERE

The Hugsby xp1 has a boost driver in it so it’s going to be a roll of the dice whether the driver survives or for how long. Nice light though, if the head came apart a bit more easily I would rate it as an excellent light but I have a thing about lights that don’t easily disassemble. I did check and some of my brass tubing slips on nicely so I can make two split bushings to take the head apart but I don’t consider that “easily”. Also, once upgraded to a 10440 the switch may not be up to snuff.

I get the thing about not being able to disassemble the flashlight, I am stumped on a Thorfire TG06 I would like to mod…. I may just try the 10440 even with the boost driver as the two pack was $4.33 each…. my thought on that is the 2XAAA version may not be different (apparently the way it is with the Microstream) to save costs, so it may already be rated for +3V… The 10440 only gives me about 20 minutes on the Microstream anyway, and that is in about 5 minute increments due to heat (for holding it). This seems plenty for most of my daily carry needs, and I have a couple of alkaline AAA’s in my car anyway for back up. I will report back here with the results when I do this, after shipping time from China….

Please, take the time and do a quick seach here at BLF for Hugsby XP1/XP2. It’s REALLY not recommended to put a 10440 in the XP-1, since the head is different from the XP-2. You could use the XP-2 one with a 10440 on the body of the XP-1 but not the other way around.
What an evil stench it can be if a driver is not suited for LiIon I learned some days ago. I’ve put a 14500 in an AA light (small zoomie) and it bunt instantly. I don’t understand why almost all these drivers in cheap AA / AAA lights look the same (one 2.2uH coil, large diode, …) but behave very differently some times. If the Chinese take the same parts and obviously the same circuitry why is not every driver suited for 1.2 … 4V? I’ve bought a “1AA…2AA” driver at Fasttech to be used for replacements but I’m not sure if it takes a 14500, too…

Antenne,

Thanks, I had firefox turned up so far, I thought this forum did not have a search… I am not the brightest bulb at times. I am liking the XP-1’s from what I have read, and when I get them, I will see how I feel about a possible sacrifice of one to a 10440.

Now I have found these: MANKER Nichia LED AAA, and even with the search here and other places, nothing…. That is not an affiliated link or anything, just where I found them. No reviews yet here or via Bing, so one will have to head my way as well… I am hoping they are a semi-cockroach kind of light, long run time and a claimed 18 Lumens… even the AAA lights can make you broke…

Got the Manker Nichia LED AAA in today, 12 days from China! Initial impression is this little light is pretty good for what it is. I will update here later as I do some exploring….Still do not have my Hugsby XP-1’s yet…

Just posted my review HERE on the Manker Nichia AAA

Antenne,

Thanks for the heads up on these Hugsby XP-1’s, very nice little lights.

Very impressive and will be my low cost replacement for my Streamlight Microstream….

The switch is a reverse clicky, but has very nice feel, glass lens, good throw for a little light. I may not even try the 10440 in mine for a while. These are growing on me with just the standard alkaline AAA….