Anyone has the tank E09?

why not DD (13.99$)? Assuming that your birthday is in a few ;) days you could easily collect 500 dinopoints (5.00$), check the legendary DD survey thread by our MixoMaxo (thanks m8!!). That reduces the E09 to 8.99$ on DD. There are other similar new lights (Bronte WTF01, ..: all cloning the Fenix LD01 original) but the Tank has to be the least expensive in its class.

Many copies were sold since fran started this thread. y nadie nos ha concedido nada ni orden ni puta gratis.

Oh My God!!!

I received one of the two E09´s I ordered.

I have not played too much with it... but... I really really really really really love it!!!

First impressions: It is 1mm longer than the A3. It is a bit heavier (only a bit). Pity it has not clip. It has mode memory but it needs some seconds to act.. It throws more than the A3 (even more than the A3 q5 version) and has more lumens than the A3 (maybe 100). The hotspot is not very round, but almost well defined. The tint is cool white

Current draw of a fresh charged gsyuasa enitime 800mAh

High: 1.91A

Med: 0.63A

Low: 135mA

It also works with 10440!!! I only have unprotected ones. I will do current measurements with 10440, but my cells are a bit old....

More info later (current measurements ith 10440, beamshots comparing it to the A3, etc...)

there's nothing one could do about the beam pattern. Each copy of the E09 might have a different beam pattern (roundness of hotspot, size of hotspot, radialsymmetry of hotspot) because of the not too strict manufacturing tolerances of its tiny aluminum reflector. If you swap the reflector, you get a new beam pattern. But with a single reflector, you cannot change or influence the beam pattern.

here my own measurements: [quote=kreisler's kitchen scale]

Lumintop Worm SS: 27grams

Klarus MiX6: 18grams (with obligatory mini split ring)

iTP A3 Titanium: 15grams (with obligatory mini split ring)

Lumintop Worm Alu: 13grams

Tank E09: 13grams

Klarus MiX5: 12grams

iTP A3 Aluminum: 9grams [/quote]

I agree, tint is great (as to be expected from XP-E R2 and PWM regulation).

The clip costs 4.25$ worldwide free shipping (Fenix LD01 clip) and i have yet to receive it.

fran, do you have a link to your 10440's? I guess yours are unprotected.

Thanks for some beamshots, wallshots, comparison shots, and more pron. ;)

Update

Current measurements with 10440

High 1,0A

Med 0,35A

Low 90mA

Dont know if they are 100% accurate because the cell is 2 year old and have been abused. Maybe with a new cell it will draw more on high???

The first E09 I received 3 weeks ago is working fine. I just received my 2nd E09 from DD today. When I tighten the head and put the body on, it doesn't turn on. It only comes on when the head is loosened. I think there's some type of short, but I'm not sure. Someone earlier mentioned something about an insulator between the LED and reflector, but my other E09 doesn't have it, and it's working fine. Has this happened to anyone else or knows how to fix this?

p.s. I noticed the printing on the newer E09 is more clear and it has "S/N" in front of the serial number.

triggerhappy007, please could you read the review in full, the whole thread, please? it explains how you can fix the insulation.

Scotch tape trick worked. Thanks for your help.

NightCrawl wrote: [quote=NightCrawl] Yeah well, the CNQG isnt R5 anymore, its unspecified R2. DD and MF offer different versions but I cant really see a difference. So I thought I'd ask for advice.. [/quote]

*my* advice is to wait until *i* got the latest production version from somewhere (Tank007 Co., or DD, ..). the current version is V2 which i can confirm comes with a XP-E R3 led. i can tell the difference in brightness compared to V1 (XP-E R2). V3 will have the XP-E R3 too and a longer battery compartment. DD has hohen durchsatz so that is why ordering from them isnt a bad idea: you get E09 copies in tin boxes with no warehouse dust from shelf stocking over a longer period of time ;)

Yes, CNQG finally corrected the webpage description.

You think most people understood that? :D

I'll wait for your update on V3 then. :)

I've been to Germany a few times and I can often pick out words, but I had to use Google translate to figure that one out.

Is the tank 007 pretty much the brightest "AAA" flashlight on 10440? Brighter than Olighti3/ITP? I know preon can get 300 lumens on initial startup with AW 10440

(anxiously waiting for the torpedo from cpf forums)

on 10440 the E09 is not too bright. the iTP A3 and Fenix LD01 are brighter (much brighter!) on 10440's imho. in my review i've listed it on the Pro's and Con's. please check

The iTP and latest LD01's use an XP-G LED so they will have more output for sure. The E09 really excels on a single NiMH and is even brighter on li-ion. But the difference isn't as much as with those other lights.

how does olight i3 compare to e09/itp-a3? I heard its a dud?

btw.. focalprice has knocked down price of e09 to $12 and change :)

Focalprice doesnt belong to the RECOMMENDED sellers but thanks for the heads up.

good question, maybe someone else knows? i dont have the olight i3, sorry. in any case my attitude is, for the price of 1 itp a3 (or olight i3) i would prefer to buy 2 copies of the tank e09. i really dont like the keyring attachment on the olight i3.

i dont buy things which i dont like how about you? ;)

hehe, same. I have to grab one of those tank's one of these days from a reputable seller. I have had some probs in the past with focal sending me incorrect items, I just thought I would mention as general information or for someone who has good luck with focal.

the Tank007 Co. informed me about the recent production of the V3 and that the body tubes indeed host all sorts of Protected 10440's comfortably. so there we have it: the V3 is finally produced!!

these days i am trying to figure out where i ..etc..

you know what?? -- simply stay tuna ;) more updates to come, i am sure.

Great!!!!! I need more info about the V3!!! Any changes in the electronics or in the led?

the main and only difference seems to be the prolongation of the body tube (battery compartment), sorry to disappoint!!

The LED is 100% definitely XP-E R3 (and not XP-E R2 like in the V1).