Anyone has the tank E09?

reminds me of Skilhunt packaging:

Hey, nice find on that price for E09!!

Has also nice tin packaging, looks a lot like what came with DQG.

I found it very surprising, that it can house a protected 10440. That´s got to be almost one of the first 1xAAA lights that are able to do so.

(Have had preon, L0D, iTP A3, 703, Black cat and none of them can...)

Mine, from Manafont, came in a Tank007 clear plastic box.

The Skyray S1 I used to have on my keychain before the E09 can take protected 10440s also, btw. It's a single-mode light and a bit more of a thrower, so I guess it's hard to compare the two on even ground.

Same here. That's why I ordered another from DD. Yes, I am weak. :D

I also have the "plastic box version" from Manafont, but i don't need a box to put it in.

[No-reply] Order Completed Information

[No-reply] Your Order # 6******9-DD Has Been Shipped Out

Today i ve received two emails with the above subjects; in the text both are saying "your order has been shipped out bla blah". None of them had an attachment and there is definitely no photo attached. In my Gmail spam folder there is no additional email by DD to be found (in fact, the spam folder is empty). And in my DD online account the order status is still marked as "Order Paid" (step2of6) and not "Order Shipped (step6of6)". Wow. That is a little f*cked up so far. No photo, and a "frozen" order status for this particular order.

I want a picture with Red Lips too!!

EDIT1:

As you can see below ive received a 3rd email titled

Preview your package pictures

but the picture doesnt show my full order.

...and order status is still "Order Paid" wtf.

EDIT2:

i've just ordered two more copies (total: US$16.76, thanks to 5$ cash coupon and dino points). this will enable me to compare tints .. and it's good to have these spare copies as potential gifts for 2012 birthdays, ..

as this thread shows, the E09 is going to be a 2012 bestseller for the Tank007 company!!

This time i did Secure Checkout, FREE shipping, with no additional fee options for insurance or whatsoever (2.00$, 0.99$, ..), paid by Paypal payment method, and i received my pre-ship photo. It's confusing that it shows only part of my order. I really ordered 2 copies of it. There's enough space in one basket wtf

...btw. When you click on the Facebook "F"-logo (in the email) and login with your facebook account, you get a 5$ cash coupon code (via email), valid for 60 days and 20$+ orders. The 5$ coupon was the main incentive to buy those 2 extra copies of the E09.

anyway. good to know that all of my 3 DD orders are "on air" even though the account order status says "Order Paid" ;)

kreisler.. how are you getting that $5.. I couldnt get it working.. only if people ordered it through my Facebook account.. strange.. youve got PM

The screenshot of the email with the pre-ship photo (of the white diffuser) was posted earlier. There it said something about Facebook. I clicked on it, was transferred to Facebook login, then logged in to my FB account, and exited the browser. When i launched the browser, went to my Gmail account, there was 1 new message by DD, here we go:

And using the given coupon code, i felt motivated to place some additional order on DD. And i decided to order the same main product: 2x E09, and no diffusers.

In other words, simply by SHARING THE PHOTO (of the diffuser) on Facebook i received that email with the coupon code.

Then again, i tried to do the same procedure (i.e. clicking on the facebook link for the E09 photo) and i ended up with no new DD email. This time they didnt send me any 5$ cash coupon. Too weird.

DD isnt very predictable lol!!

Thanks for sharing Kreisler!

Edit: I added all my orders to my facebook, and I received the exact same email a minute ago! thanks!

maybe it works only once!? who knows..
Anyway, its a really nice gift, $5 off over $20 orders!

Hi guys!

Anyone has tested it with 10440????

It overheats?

Current draw on high with 10440?

(I have one on the way.... but I cant wait)

So, if these are pretty much clones of the Fenix ld01, can anyone that has both verify if the heads are interchangable?

The reason I ask, is because a popular mod at CPF is to take a Streamlight Mircostream and use the forward clicky portion with a LD01 head to create a 1xAAA, forward-clicky, multi-mode light:

(stolen photo)

The head from an ITP A3 EOS also works with the back section of the Streamlight Microstream too:

(another stolen photo)

So if this head from the E09 works with the SL Microstream, that would mean it would be possible to have a 1xAAA, foward-clicky, multi-mode light, capable of handling protected 10440s that always starts in high mode!

...Im not gonna get my hopes up but there is still a little sliver of faith ;) ...

you'd get a clicky but lose the tailstand ability and the solid keychain attachment. still interesting. do i now have to order microstream?? lol

Re: L0D & LD01 - can either be used on Microstream body?

The heads of the Fenix LD01 SS and the Tank 007 E09 are not interchangable, the threads are not 100% the same.

what about the LD01 clip?

does it fit the E09? :)

oops, DD has raised the price!!!

old offer 11.69$

new offer 15.69$

wtf

New offer includes 1 AA battery, and possibly the diffuser.

Old offer still good for 3 days - your choice. :)

The clip fits, but it is tighter on the Fenix. Just use pliers to reduce the diameter a little bit, and then it would fit just fine.

Am curious what will happen *after* the 3 days. maybe poof! (?) haha

i dont think that they include the diffuser. 1x AAA battery.. yah, sounds like it. wouldnt bet on it. it's DD after all!

woa. great info thx! i have Zange, now i need to get hold of the LD01 clip. it's a challenge to get it shipped at a reasonable price. 7EUR's isnt reasonable, for example (ebay).

ordered one for me, one for a coworker who keeps stealing my TrustFire F20. gonna use the F20 as my EDC. also ordered a couple of protected 10440s. we'll see how these hold up. thanks for the heads up on the deal.

i think i may be about complete with my flashlight needs now -- yeah right, that's what my wife is hoping!!!