Anyone have one of these?

:bigsmile: An XML Q5 no less! They must have had them specially made just for this light.
I also doubt it can achieve 160 lumens on 0.1W and one review said it’s stainless steel, not aluminium. But hey, as you say it might be worth a shot at that price. :slight_smile:

One of the reviews did mention a very blue tint. This is what makes me wonder if it’s a Cree emitter at all.

I bet 10$ that there is neither a XM-L nor a Cree LED inside.

Some NoName China 0,5W-1W LED

Is you want a cheap and small light, go for the Hugsby XP-1 or the SingFire SF-348

They say up to 500 meters distance from 0.01 watt ? must be new technology we don’t know about yet. :party:

Same seller on this listing but now it has an XML-T6.
Even has a picture of an XML to prove it. :slight_smile: Also looks like it has a zoomie-type convex lens rather than a reflector.
That would explain the lack of a hot spot. Curiouser and curiouser……

Yes, I know (I have the XP-2 already and the Singfire on order) but for some reason I’m a sucker for cheap lights. Sometimes they turn out way better than expected (like the XP-2). I recently got a no-name Mini C8 on eBay for $1.95 with the intention of modding it. Turned out to be so good (despite the generic emitter) I didn’t bother.
I think it’s the uncertainty about what will turn up in the post (and when, if ever) that adds to the excitement. Sad, I know. :slight_smile:

I can’t find the order, but that looks like one I have. It has a lot of plastic but works well. It is the coolest white light I have. It is a fixed focus lens light and has a blue moon beam. It is much brighter than other lights I have in that price range.

I have one from this seller. It’s a generic emitter, horrible purplish tint. The beam is too narrow to be useful.

This looks like a terrible light when compared to the CQG/DQG S1 / SingFire SF-348. STARTED: GBGB: Stainless steel AAA clicky with a clip (CQG S1 "clone") (which costs us $6/ea currently in WW or CW)

EDIT: It’s the anodized aluminum (or plastic or whatever it is) on the SS body that really makes this thing a crime.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I’ll be giving this one a miss.
I can’t believe some people have been paying $45 for one of these lights? :open_mouth:

It now says sold out. I think US $6.78 was too much to charge for this light. The bezel ring is plastic. I think I payed 2 or 3 $ for mine.

Is the clip reversible on the Hugsby XP-1 ?

Sorry for the off-topic .

I somewhat doubt that they have. I see the evidence, the “4 sold” and at the bottom it shows the transaction history with the $45/ea prices that were used. I suspect that the sales were some kind of reputation shilling or money laundering.

AliExpress is actually full of massively overpriced listings, much more so than eBay. It’s not really obvious to me why unless sellers are trying to encourage buyers to contact them directly outside of AliExpress.

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-CREE-LED-Flashlight-3W-AA-300LM-Torch-Light-Lamp-Outdoor-Camping-Keychain/191203085069?\_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&\_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140328180637%26meid%3D8e9393e77bcc46498f9f2d99839bf0c2%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D141431370904

Not good.

It is on the XP-2 but I’m not sure there’s enough room on the XP-1. The only other part of the body that is the right diameter is the head itself.

+1

That’s the infamous ‘Police’ torch. Cheap as chips but with a performance to match.

…they already had these at FastTech all along.
Guess what? No mention of Cree or XML, just a very blue (9000K!) generic emitter. Surprise surprise. :slight_smile:

Tempted, looked, and dang,

Yes, but not as snugly. It can fit over the part of the body where the name and model number is printed. It’s about 13.1mm diameter there and about 14.2mm back near the tailpiece. It’s secure, just not as secure.