Anyone in the US needs protected NCR18650B button tops? 2/$17 shipped free from US within US on eBay.

I am not the seller. I just noticed this deal while browsing. They look authentic and should arrive in CONUS within a week unlike our Chinese vendors who take time (60 days from what I read on BLF ) to save you something like $0.50 for a comparable product. Added bonus: you do not need any super secret discount code.

2 PCS Panasonic NCR18650B rechargeable Li-ion batteries. (3.7 volts). 3400mAH

from a Top Rated seller too! Excellent.

maybe you can consider brillipower battery ,work great for ego

Um, you guys know that there are plenty of fakes out there, right?

Ebay is the last place I’d ever consider buying batteries.

I ordered and received four of them last week and after checking them out, I have returned them to the seller.

One cell was DOA when I checked the voltage…. The others were OK.

Also, contrary to what the seller says in the description of the battery, all four batteries measured 70.1mm, not 69.3mm as stated in the seller’s description. The length of 70.1mm may be too long for some chargers…

I have other same NCR18650B Panasonic batteries that have “Made in Japan” on them from another vendor and they do measure 69.3. These are marked made in CHINA.

With the one cell being dead, I did not trust them…so back they went.

In the photo attached, the battery on the left is one of those four that I returned… Note difference in button end cap design….

It is sad to hear about your bad experience on eBay. The good part is that eBay/PayPal will make sure you get the correct item in a working condition or a satisfactory refund.

The eBay description was for button tops. The one on the left in your picture is not a button top. It looks like the seller shipped you a wrong item in addition to misrepresenting the length of the button tops.

If you still need batteries, Banggood has them on sale now:

2 for US$16.58 with coupon code “FE15P” through 03/10/2015 2PCS NCR 18650B 3.7V 3400mAh Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

These have raised tops and buttons and should function better in flashlights where batteries are arranged in a line such as in flashlights with a battery extension tube. These are my preferred batteries since all my flashlights accept them.

Flat tops and bottoms are also available:

2 for US$17.50 with coupon code “FDDNCR” (expiration ?) 2PCS NCR18650B 3400mAh 3.7V Gold Plating Rechargeable Li-ion Battery

If you miss the sale of raised tops/bottoms now and need them later, FastTech has the best price: 2 for $17.47 with no coupon codes Panasonic NCR18650B Protected Rechargeable 3400mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries

Please explain … Yes, it is not a true button top, but what is it…? Is it suppose to be a flat top? Or just a “protected” battery, and the style of end cap is perhaps a result of the protection used?

The metal “cap” does extend outward as much or more than the true “button top” to the right of it and enough to where they are stackable in a series. I assumed it was just a different manufacturer’s style since it was assembled in China rather than Japan.

Here is the same battery with pretty much same description. This eBay seller does not mention button cap, just that the battery is protected. Also, his photos are really good and you can see “Made in Japan” on the batteries, so that end cap style is not unique to only China assembled batteries:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NCR18650B-3-7V-3400mAh-PCM-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Protected-Battery-for-Panasonic-/221593778405

Appreciate your comments and help…. Thanks.

Protected Panasonic NCR18650B come in 3 form factors:

1. Button tops.
Example

The top is raised to facilitate stacking, small diameter, and has 2 vent holes
The bottom is flat
The length is about 69.5-69.6 mm

The primary purpose of these is to stack them in flashlights such as those with a battery extension tube.

2. Raised tops (and bottoms).
Example

The top is raised and larger in diameter than button tops and has 3 vent holes
The bottom is raised too to facilitate stacking
The length is about 70 –70.1 mm long as reported by BLF members (My measurement through thin plastic is 70.5mm)

These are most versatile and are designed to work in flashlights that use stacking and those that do not. The disadvantage is that they are longer than the rest and the flashlights must be designed to accept them.

3. Flat tops (and bottoms).
Example

The top is only slightly raised as these are not designed for stacking, the largest in diameter, and has 4 vent holes
The bottom is flat
The length is about 69.3-69.4 mm

These are designed to work in 1 battery flashlights or mufti-batttery flashlights that do not stack batteries.

Opus BT-C3100/Opus BT-C3400 will charge up to about 71 mm long batteries.

I hope this helps, adc, and welcome to BLF.

trume_3454……Thanks very much… Certainly do appreciate your time and the information.