Anyone used TIR with Convoy S2+ with KW CSLNM1.TG?

I think I get it, a clear TIR changes the hotspot, corona, and spill depending on the degree.

Some manufacturers choose to use a TIR instead of a lens. Manker MC13 and Acebeam L17 for example?

Using a clear TIR on the S2+ would replace the AR coated lens. You would modify the hotspot, corona, and spill to your liking by replacing the lens with X degree TIR you wish?

Honestly it sounds like you should just buy a sample pack from simon and play around with them. See what you like.

The sample pack is this one which I’m planning on ordering.
CREE XML XML2 LED TIR

I’m not sure if it will fit so I’m also looking at other TIR Simon sells with 3535 in the listing title such as 3535 LED

Yes, that’s it! The type of angle will affect the beam accordingly.
Also, having domed or a dedomed led (ex: XML2 vs XP-L HI) under the TIR can also affect the beam.

Those are special TIR optics and they, in fact, do not use glass lenses above the optics.
However, those optcis are not equal to the ones you want to put in the S2.
If you check here and here, you will see that those TIR have a “hole” in the middle, that make the beam narrower.

L17 vs MC13

The link I put yesterday (this) is more similar to these optics than the ones you showed from Simon’s Convoy store. I didn’t check for it’s size, so I don’t know if it fits the S2+, though, just the presence of that “hole” for the narrower beam.

The AR coated will have few influence on the beam, unless that it will make the TIR sit farther from the bezel edge, so it will reduce the overal diameter of the beam. Other than that, it will affect very few. Also, when using a glass less above the TIR, and also the o-ring , you will make the light more waterproof, as sometimes the TIR and the o-rings do not sit completely well against the bezel.

Yes. Choose a narrower angle, you’ll get a narrower beam, and reverse is also natural. Please not that the beams from Osram flat leds are more sensitive than other leds.

The 25° is what I’m using in my EDC currently. For centering and z-height positioning, I’m using these with two sides snipped off to clear the solder pads and then filed down to ~half thickness to achieve semi-optimal focus. The 25° is a little forgiving.