Anything better than the HD2010 since I've been away?

For reading you want a Zoomer - which does not have a hot spot - and with a Low mode. Check out $8 Small Sun ZY-A29 Zoomer. Sold out at DX but others carry it:
http://dx.com/p/small-sun-zy-a29-cree-q3-wc-3-mode-150-lumen-white-zoom-convex-lens-led-flashlight-1-x-aa-90635

thats why i love them flooders. i have more flooders laying around the house than throwers. the throwers are just kept at specific places where i think i may need them most

try buying them cheap sk68 or 98 zoomies, they do well for what your needing. or i also use them 18650 tube lights such as the convoy s3, hd 2011, roche f12

this thread really took a different direction :slight_smile:

Is there any place now that you can buy an HD2010 that does not have blinky modes?.

Oh, and wait until you hear this.

I have lost my TK41. No idea where it went. I hope it turns up soon, but I suspect that someone has removed it from the premises against its will.

Sorry ot hear that. It really sucks when things sprout legs and wander off when you aren’t looking. :frowning:

someone deserves a foot in their ass for that

Where's the ENFORCER at! :)

-Garry

Don't end your sentences with a preposition .

and sit up straight

eat all your veggies

cut your hair…. get a job… and get off my lawn! LOL

Same for me, I never never go camping / caving ect, but I bought a headlamp, never even put the strap on it, perfect for seeing small type on packages, roaming the house at night, and 100+ hours runtime in case of an outage, most of them will sit on a table fine and adjustable to the direction you want. Really interested in the Fenix HL10.

Where's the ENFORCER at jerk? :)

-Garry

Stage four: Evolution of a Flashaholic

If you decide to replace your TK41, you might want to take a look at a NiteCore EA8. Very similar performance but smaller and less money. Even an EA4 has similar output but more spill and less throw. About 1/3 the size and weight of the TK41 at half the cost. The EA4 has replaced my TK41 as my favorite user light. At least for the moment or until I test out my EC25 a little more.

Well starting this thread cost me $50 and my first visit to Fasttech.

Ordered the EA4, should be a nice light. Do you HAVE to cycle past the blinky modes or are they separate from the normal Hi Med Low modes?

I hate that I also lost 8 nice Eneloops along with the TK41

Visual demonstration at about 2:55

For this get DC-Fix diffuser film and put it on your favorite EDC, S-mini, etc. It will turn most lights into an ideal floody beam. My favorite for path light, reading, close in.
DC-fix is also a cure all for the ugliest beams. Maybe you have a light hiding in a drawer for this reason.

[quote=trooplewis]
Any “normal” sized, single-emitter lights come out that can rival the HD2010?

I have no use for multi-battery, 18-inch long cree-clubs, just useable light from a comfortable-to-carry torch.

I think it has been 4 or 5 months since my last visit…way too much going on in my life to be thinking in terms of lumens lately. Nice to know that the habit is controllable; I bought a nice .45 ACP with the money I saved on flashlights.[/quote. Glad you found your way back and I see you also found a ni ce pony (mustang) what kind of .45? I payed for and ordered a Glock G20 sf 12 weeks ago still nada feel like its on it way from Hong Kong lol

check out the small sun t08