Approximating color temperature with smart phones and camera

If you run spotread.exe -v, what does it say?

The label says x-rite, eye-one Pro, rev D

That is strange. Your meter is only a year older than mine, but mine has firmware 506 and reports Measure Ambient ?: Yes.

Check the meter’s functionality with x-rite’s i1diagnostics: https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/i/i1diagnostics_v4_1_2

This will install the x-rite drivers and you have to go back to argyll drivers manually afterwards from device manager.

If this doesn’t help, contact ArgyllCMS’s creator at graeme@argyllcms.com He’s very helpful.

Thanks for your help!

I did run the diagnostics pgm and everything seems to be fine except that the "ambient" doesn't appear in what i think is functions list :

[ Emission Reflectance Reflectance Scan ] but no ambient !

I will try to ask Greame if he knows something about special versions (according to Argyll documentation the B, C & D rev are supposed to have the ambient measurement included) but i fear that i'll have to take the I1pro back to the seller

Wild guess : From what i understand about ambient measurement mode it is supposed to use a calibration table matched to the cap that is furnished with the i1pro. Maybe the calibration table in my I1 is damaged, causing it to disable that function ?

Does the number on your cap match the sn from your I1 ?

Ah, yours is the rarer no (UV) filter version of the i1Pro. That’s probably why it doesn’t work.

Mine reads: Measurement Modes: [Reflectance Spot, Reflectance Scan, Emission, Ambient Light Spot, Ambient Light Scan]

Yes. And also the white tile.

Ok must be that !

What got me wondering was that the ambient measurement cap was included, but obviously the sn does not match the I1pro one and according to the seller he previoulsy had an other I1 that was discarded and the cap might be from this one.

Well ... failed attempt but at least now i know what to look for and the seller (nice and helpfull guy) agrees to take it back so it's ok.

Thank you for helping sorting this out