Are 18350 lights the red-headed stepchildren?

Im happy with these Keeppower 1200mAh 18350

they would annoy me - half the size and 1/3 the power of 18650

+1

AAA would annoy me - 1/2 the size and 1/3 the capacity of a AA...

16340 would annoy me - 3/4 the size and 2/3 the capacity of 18350...

18650 would annoy me - 3/4 the size and 1/3 less capacity of 21700...

21700 would annoy me - 1/5 the size and 1/10 capacity of 12V lead-acid batteryl...

12V lead-acid would annoy me - 3x size and infinitely less capacity than AC wall outlet...

...etc., etc.

The numbers are probably wrong but you get my point. Reducing size involves compromises. Sometimes size is the more desirable attribute.

Capacity.

It looks like Skilhunt updated the UI for their H04 Mini RC range.

Group B allows you to click once to turn on and click once to turn off. It also lets you turn steps on/off and cycle through them:

Yes! 18350 lights have it over 16340 lights.

AA is >2x. heavier than AAA, but not much brighter, but 2x more capacity

18350 is <3x heavier than AAA, but more than 4x brighter and 4x the capacity

when I want to compare lights, I like to measure carry weight, with battery inside:

lol

I was thinking 18650 3500 mAh is almost set and forget in a headlamp for a few hours while hunting. I guess the weight could get annoying, especially when not in use.

I'm really liking that Skilhunt H04 Mini. I think I'll be ordering one if I survive the holiday season, financially.

It's as much a volume thing as weight thing for me. On a morning hunt, I'm using the headlamp for maybe 1/2 hour. Then, it goes in my coat pocket for several hours. My 18350 light with single headband disappears in a pocket. My bigger, heavier 18650 light with headband and top strap fills up a pocket and becomes noticeable. It's not a big deal at all, but I have both size headlamps so I use what is most convenient for the hunt.

So many batteries to be annoyed by, so little time

Thanks for sharing that interesting weight comparison. I'll have to dig out the digital scale and start weighing some lights...

[quote=jp9mm]

[quote=desmobob]

18650 doesn;t annoy me, if the light is small enough FW3A

I asked Super Outdoor on AE and they added the Skilhunt H04 Mini RC 18350 headlamps. :partying_face: