Are Alieexpress chargers dangerous?

Is this going to burn my house down or ruin my batteries? I’m kinda new to 18350’s and their chargers.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805356848660.html

Liitokala is a well respected brand.
There are better/faster chargers out there, but if that’s a real Liitokala, you should be good. :slightly_smiling_face:

I hope you have fun here, Buttermilk!

That’s doesn’t show up as the official liitokala AliExpress store for me. Could be the app acting weird tho

1 Thank

Yep, I don’t think it’s the official store either, but if the charger is real, then that could be good enough. :+1:

1 Thank

I never considered that it could be a fake product. interesting. I chose it because it was the cheapest seller for this.

IMO.

There is not really a thing like “aliexpress charger” or anything, aliexpress is just a marketplace, a lot of good stuff and a lot of bad stuff is sold there.

In case of charger - stick to known stores of known good brands, because saving few $ here you will be risking your safety.

And while Liitokala is one of known brands my opinion is that it is not that great. It is rather low quality cheap stuff, though it is still a lot better than “noname” stuff and should work good enough for simple needs.

2 Thanks

There’s always that show one product but when you click on it you find the price is for the cord or a lesser product .

Oh Ali

I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them.

Until HKJ tests them, I’m staying away.

Your house, your circus, your monkey.

Chris

1 Thank

To clarify your answer to a new member who has never posted here before:

HKJ is a long-time BLF member who has tested > 1,000 batteries and chargers.
I never buy a battery or a charger that has not been tested by HKJ. LINK

1 Thank

Amen to that. Li-Ion batteries are dangerous stuff specially during charging, and a bad charger can easily ruin your day or even the rest of your life.

+1 to that, but the gentleman has been quite inactive as of late, no? Or am I missing something?

EDIT: just found this which does explain things: Has HKJ Retired From Testing of Batteries ? - #5 by HKJ

Which is a bit of a problem as HKJ is having a long break from testing.

1 Thank

Only for the more recent stuff, his reviews for older stuff are still up and valid.

it should be ok

i had their ‘engineer 500’ for 5-6 years

eventually it ‘up and quit’, as they say but it never burned anything

that is a SUPER price btw\