Are most built-in chargers for flashlights usually incapable of achieving a full charge?

I’m not trying to be contrary, but who uses anywhere near the number of charge cycles (200-500) quoted for most rechargeables? I’d be very surprised to find that I own a battery that has had 100 charges in the past 10 years or so.

I get it that someone who’s work requires inspections, but do these folks drain and fully charge their cells daily? My EDC gets 2-3 months of use per charge and that is my most used battery. (18650) If I were to ever need to get say, 250 charges out of a $6-$8 battery, I’d consider that money well spent.

I like fresh inventory on most consumables in most categories, and rechargeables are no exception.

whatever works for you is great

my 14500 LiIon in my EDC FWAA needs recharging about every 4 days

They are hungry little suckers fo sho! Little bitty light with a big boy appetite.

I have probably used 1000+ charges in the last 10 years spread over my batteries.

Depending upon how you use it… Lots a turbo? Lots a chargin’. :wink:

So around 100 +/- charges per year? If your battery costs $10-$12 and you get 300 charges (3 Years) out of it, $3-$4 a year? Probably not breaking the bank.