Are SRM knives pretty much the best budget knives ?

That would a nice mod, I did a ghetto wave with a zip tie, im sure you've seen it. Thanks for the tip, Ive never noticed the screw now that you mentioned. Thanks dude

Land is the brand Sanrenmu using before of its old models

and Bee IS a brand belong to Enlan

Best Regards

david

Land is the brand Sanrenmu using before of its old models

and Bee IS a brand belong to Enlan

Best Regards

david

I concur... Land is Sanrenmu/SRM. Enlan/Bee are also interchangeable.

How are you David? Its good to catch you on the forums.

I am ok, thank you very much

how do bee/enlan manufacture blades more than 7cm while SRM/Land cannot ?

This a typical problem with Chinese characteristic and hard to be understood by foreigners.

it is complicated , I will try to explain it:

According to the law in China, any knife with lock system will be not allowed to be took in public places.

Sanrenmu is just too big in China and their knives were used in crimes(some people were killed by Sanrenmu knives)

so SRM caught related department(like police)' s attention, I think there must some negociation between SRM and police, and they make a deal that: SRM still can produce knives with blade's lenght less than 7cm, but they should stop producing 9 series(blade's length is too long).

if the situation getting worse(like the good relationship between SRM and Police is broken, or the political situation in China in not stable), there is chance that Sanrenmu will be not allowed the 7 series knives too.

As to Bee(Enlan), they are based in Yangjiang, the knife center in China, first they are not big enough to catch the police's attention. , also I think local government in Yangjiang is protecting the whole knife industry there. so for now, I think there will be no problem for them. but in the future it is hard to say.

Hope this information will help you .

david

^^That's interesting David, thanks.

Thank you for the information. Now it's more clear for us.

Thanks David. Its to bad SRM had to suffer such a ridiculous blow from their local government. I just learned of SRM at the time the 9 series knives were discontinued and was lucky to have purchased some before they all vanished. I hope they continue to prosper.

I agree - Thanks Ash for the update, very insightful.

no SRM knives yet here but have ganzo 704 ( newer version BTW ) and its good. took only couple passes to sharpen , so we will see what it does holding an edge.

interestingly enough i got 2 (gift or reprofile project )

So, no play to start on both ... after using it lightly there is a bit of up down play now - disappointing i guess . Was excited getting an axis lock and no side play so far , but thats much easier to remedy.

Note: the play is about 1 mm at the tip , if that

Overall for $20 delivered I'd say it's a buy for me but i may have passed on the second one and got a SRM like everyone says. regarding the rest of the build of the knife its comparable with the SC Tenacious. IMO very good for the money

NAvy k631 - just like the above mentioned comment, is a step down overall fit and finish but locks up like well, like my actual Spidey - solid snap , zero play, but lock backs are simple and solid in my experience . Course i havent carried it as my EDC yet .

My constant gripe MYSTERY STEEL ! can china offer a solid honest steel and every runs is different ... really common.

But anyway if its a properly hardened 8cr13mov this is good enough for most people , someone stated some Navy knives made of "440C" is actually 9cr18mov which is a step up but who knows.

unfortunately my sharpening skills are only decent , so its tough to compare by cutting a hemp rope or something - one day when i get a sharpening system i will try it.

Bottom line is what you want to do with it - collect , serious tool , defense , throw away ? i would try a SRM you could always spend more : )

anyone know a better place than exduct BTW to get SRM- shipping added up - and i like included shipping , ty

I bought my last SRMs at Manafont...shipping is free, or registered shipping is $2 extra per shipment.

With Exduct there is no free option, and registered is $4-5 one knife, or ~$6 for two knives...still depending on the prices of the knives it sometimes works out to about the same shipped, you have to compare.

This one looks nice for 7.33USD shipped.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/sanrenmu-stainless-steel-manualrelease-folding-knife-pr728-p-5663

Yep

LOL…“yep” what? I got lucky or yours was good too? :wink:

Probably not much for interpretation... just plain ol "yep". Ive seen people walking around repeatedly uttering this phrase to themselves for several hours after being traumatized by the mods at CPF.