Are the Eneloops the best option for this use?

Constantly i read that the White Eneloops are the best along with the Pro version. But also don’t know under which brand are they, where to buy withou the risk they are fake or something bad. Panasonic, Sanyo, something more? What are the originals and i should buy and where?

Also, i saw Amazon Basics, Ladda, Varta, Energizer and much more. What do you think are the top 3 of the best NiMh AA batteries?

My main use will be DQG Tiny AA, Lumintop Tool AA 2.0, wireless mouse, tv controller, xbox controller and whatever comes up.

Eneloops are one of the best rechargeable NiMH batteries on the planet.

Don't buy them on eBay unless you know the seller. Where are you located? Buy them from a reputable store.

There are currently no fake white eneloops as far as I know. Haven't seen anyone mentioning them.

I would go for the white eneloops since they are the ones that survive the longest.

After a lousy experience with Tenergy Centura AA cells, I’m back to white Eneloops. I bought the latest batch on Amazon. They hold up for many, many recharges (the black Pro Eneloops aren’t made to take as many recharges as the white ones).

There’s a lot of buzz about ikea Ladda Batteries coming from the same factory as Eneloop Pro’s. Same used to go for the Amazon Basics “High Capacity” AA and AAA rechargeables. But Amazon has recently switched to Chinese cells for this line and has been confirmed by reading up recent reviews of that product. Haven’t come across any Ladda reviews as having switched to Chinese cells yet. I’ve found reviews as recent as 01/2020 stating that they’re still Japanese sourced.

Yup, I can verify the Amaloops no longer exist. Purchased a pack a couple months ago and they are made in China.

I use the regular eneloops in my flashlights and for other high demand items, like my son’s Playstation controller. The rest of the stuff (like remotes, clocks, etc.) I just use cheapo rechargeable batteries since I know they won’t leak like alkaline batteries. I’ve purchased eneloops at Costco, and hopefully they will sell them again so I can get some more. I also got some on Amazon years ago and they appear legit.

The cheapo rechargeable batteries eventually wear out over time, but it seems the eneloops never die.

I used to buy Duraloops, which are basically rebranded Eneloops.

The problem is some are made in Japan, and some are made in China.

Lately, when I need batteries, I usually get the cheapest Eneloops I can find on eBay.

I believe they're always made in Japan.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/6287

When in doubt ask ChibiM

https://eneloop101.com/

Don't ever buy chinese batteries ....Ever !..Ok if you get a stupid crazy insane deal ..I think i bought turnergy low self discharge AAA's for 87 cents a 4 pack . But unless they are decent name brand chinese cells and at a stupid price ...avoid them .

chinese cells seem like they are working pretty well ... put up decent numbers ..they will look like they are ...**&*(^&^^#*+#!^&***.....ahh....arughh DEAD

. A good chinese cell will last about 2 years...and the eneloop will run 4~ 5 times longer .

In ten years I've recycled 60 chinese cells ....and only two eneloop/duraloopamazaloops

Did you see the LSD Energizers they had at Costco earlier this year? I bought the kit for my son to use in his toys (and flashlights) and they are working well. Even have a really cool little 2xAA r/c truck that works even better off them than off alkalines.

I generally prefer Fujiloops over Eneloops when ordering on line. Fujitsu’s parent company owns the FDK plant in Japan that makes Eneloops along with the other re-wrapped brands and unlike, Eneloop which has some of their cells made in China, Fujitsu only makes Fujiloops in the FDK plant in Japan. There are also a lot of fake Eneloops being sold on line….so far at least, I have not heard of any phony Fujiloops.

The Energizer kits at Costco are the same as the ones they used to sell with the Eneloop brand.

My IKEA ladda AA and AAA stre made in Japan by FDK. I’ve been really happy with them.

I use Eneloops. I use the black Eneloop Pro batteries in flashlights, electric toothbrushes, etc. I use the regular white Eneloops in clocks, remotes, and in a few flashlights where it was specifically recommended by people here. (Supposedly, flashlights that drain a battery all the way down do better long-term with the regular Eneloops.)

I’ve bought all my Eneloop and Eneloop Pro batteries either on Amazon or from Battery Junction. All of the ones I’ve gotten through those sources have been made in Japan. I’ve heard that some are made in China and do not perform as well. One thing I like about Battery Junction is that I can order by telephone like in the old days. They’ll put up with questions. :stuck_out_tongue: