Are there any "good" SRK clone left out there?

Yup, I have one of those and it is black!

The only unmodified light I own is a black original SRK with 3C/3D (not sure) XM-Ls. I've never even pulled the driver out.

I would love one more of the old lights, I would make it in domed 4C XM-L2’s and be very happy with it. I have one of the GB RMM drivers begging for a home, may never get to use it in an SRK, may have to pick up the Supfire that Richard sells. My current one is de-domed XP-G2’s. I might even do something silly like 2 219b’s and a 4C XM-L2.

This is an option but it is expensive and “unknown”
The Supfire is a known so it is probability a better option.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1502101

The last one of those I got had real XM-L2s, screw-in shelf, good machining & finish (the battery tube o-ring actually touches the ID of the head, amazing!). No branding as a bonus.

How log ago was that??? I wonder if they are still the real deal, not sure I want a 6, but….

Throw WATER on it!? :open_mouth: Oh no… :person_facepalming:

Same question… How long ago?
Some of those clones where good two or three years ago, as was the FandyFire UV-S5 i mention in the OP, but they are not necessarily the same that ship now.

I wonder why you you even care about emitters inside when a great U2 3D is 2.5$ ? The best ones are 3 or 4 emitter ones, so it will bump your price with 20$ including noctigons and the fet driver +some handlywork

Since SRK are one of my favourite lights what do you think guys of a CU pill for it? I have a machinist + nice Cu rod here…that idea is in my head for some time now… of course it will be made for a SRK/SRk clone that we sellect as best for our needs

THIS one isnt bad as a host too, its only that :fandyfire: engraving bugs me a bit :sunglasses:

Couldn’t we just force a decent old fashioned quality 3 x Nichia 219c via a group buy?

I’m totally in for the idea of some CU inside. The problem is, the chances that everyones SRK has differing internal measurements are high. So, you would possibly be making custom one-offs?

Yea, SRK reportedly has so many variants that it would probably be a disaster to try to offer standard heatsinks for it.

I agree. A group buy on an Srk would be great.

What MITKO is suggesting is a group buy for a standard SRKesque host and the copper internals so everything would match.

If someone wants to run it, count me in to buy one.

This.

I’ve had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on my hand before. It hurts (understatement of the year?), but it heals in time. That poor light never stood a chance, though… :cry:

I’d like to see a SRK BLF Edition Group Buy. :partying_face:

Yes, a good SRK I would really like to have.
Shall we start a topic about it?

YES! A “BLF premium edition SRK type monster flooder can” with REAL Cree LEDs (max 4) , a proper inner design of driver and pill and at least 4000 real lumens for ~50 USD. Count me in!

K.

Done :wink:
click