Are we not capable of a little better?

If there’s one thing that binds BLF users together, it’s our hatred of CPF mods. :slight_smile:

Dale, thanks for the pictures! Have been expecting it. Does it really make 1100 lumens? I wanted to get one and mod it with a fet driver with e-switch Fw, but if the driver is capable of 3A there’s no need.

That thread seems to start as somebody raising a concern they had. Their concern may have been unfounded but I’m not going to call them a troll for not being aware of the full picture!

Will34, they send a no name (literally, it has no name on it!) 16340 with it, installed but with a plastic insulator you have to remove. That one does 938.4 lumens out the front in my light box. An Efest Red Button top IMR16340 does 1104 lumens. The 4 modes are like 3, 83, 307, 1104 with the Efest cell. I got the older UI, there’s a new improved UI hitting shelves now, so MecArmy tells me, but GearBest needed to sell out of the older ones before re-stocking the new. It pulls 2.61A with the provided cell, 2.95A with the Efest. Very decent in such a small light. It’s the same head diameter as a Manker Godmes T01, but considerably shorter with a fat tail cap. I’m really interested in the 10440 version, with a narrow tube it just has a very appealing look to me. Always one more, right? :smiley:

I think there is a simple rule to follow on forums. Just ask yourself ‘would I say that if the person was sat in front of me?’ If no, then why do it here?

Wow… that’s big numbers for a stock light and this size, I wonder what kind of driver they use. Now I regret ordering the Fenix E15 2016… 1.35A with an efest 16340 for only ~400ish lumens. You showed up with these pictures just in time to make good use of FT 20% discount. Thanks again! :smiley:

I’m un-hijacking this thread now…

Some of us are much more intense and persuasive and straight talking in person, than we are on the internet, where we know that deep and intense discussions are almost impossible without vast amounts of typing and weeks of clarifying the minor details and information that we can quickly and easily transmit when in person, through body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, inflections, subtle humor, and the natural intimacy and bonding of two people engaged with each other when in each other’s physical presence, even when they are passionately disagreeing about the things that are important to them.

Many of our best friendships and relationships are made with people that we started out arguing with passionately.

brad’s right, so many things said here in type just can’t carry the meaning that was intended. This alone get’s people crosswise all the time.

Yes you are right but at times some people clearly want a fight. I think, but I’m not sure that the OP may have been prompted by the bangood button top thread. And having read a lot of that thread it never ceases to amaze me how quickly people can start arguing with each other and I don’t believe they would if they were talking face to face. Computers often make people say things they shouldn’t.

Marc

Doesn’t apply to me. 0:)

Nor I..

I think disdain Is a more accurate description of my attitude towards CPF mods and favored sons & daughters. But I’m willing to go a few rounds if you’d like to discuss it more strenuously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I think that both brad and marcl are very right on both points.

No hatred here, just contempt. I wouldn’t wee on them if they were on fire.

If I have ever caused any problem or was rude, please forgive me. I truly appreciate this forum and all the patience everyone had with my questions and doubts. And I really hope the friendliness that attracted me to this awesome forum may be restored.

Let us learn with our and with the mistakes of others and help improve the forum, not the other way around.

Drama? Here? Oh no, actualy i have never seen a real CPF like drama here, or shall i say i havent seen any kind of drama! Where the hell did you saw that here ?

The onlt drama queen here is DB Custom , but i must admid that if i had to pay 130$ for Tamafly i would be a drama queen myself :bigsmile:
JK ofc

Realy, i have never seen a drama here

One of the things that new people don’t get right away is that this forum is NOT like many other forums. For the most part we are here to help each other. I was also guilty of this when I first came here. I was looking for a fight; just like on practically every other site I had been on. It’s something new for many people to have a forum that isn’t confrontational. Give the new guys a chance to get used to a really friendly forum and I’m sure most of them will come around to enjoying the place even more without taking part in bickering. It’s incredibly easy to feel like you are under attack, especially when that is par for the course for most sites on the internet.

I admit I don’t post as much as I used to, But I spend way more time helping other members via PM. If anyone ever has a question about lights or modding they can always PM me and I’ll be glad to help out. Most of our members are the same way.

Well said! Many thanks to guys like you that share your expertise and do so in an approachable and friendly way.

Keep it up sb and we will have your 5000 post giveaway in no time. Yippy , l wonder what it will be?

And your Sony batteries are, As Advertised....exactly! I love it!!