Armtek Wizard Pro xhp50 2300 lumens!

No. It gets way too hot too fast like you said. For me, they were in effect 1000 lumen max lights. Still good. The lack of a 40-60 lumen mode though, that’s too bad. That’s the sweet spot for me with regard to a headlamp.

I seem to be the most unlucky one so far. The flashlight gods are trying to tell me something, but I’m refusing to listen.

I understand. But for me, it works like I need it to work. Much better than my Zebralight H600F, and for much less money thanks to Illumination Supply. To each his own I guess.

Thanks c_malc for the reply, I was hoping someone with the H10 would reply here! I’m pretty sure I read somewhere the latest H10 is a “v2” with 0.5 sec. start delay, but I couldn’t find again where I read that.

And yes that mag ring UI does sound ideal, I like a simple UI, thats the problem with owning and using many different lights, it gets confusing trying to remember how the UI works between them. Single click, double click, half press, press and hold!! or what mode did I leave it on last?? None of that to worry about with the mag ring - just plain and simple, so smart! Only drawback is it might be a two hand operation to change modes?

Also I suppose the “hold down only” burst does make sense for this small of a light, and at least it’s instantly activated from off (or any mode) that is a HUGE plus.

And the H10 has knurling, why do the armyteks have no knurling? :frowning:

…………………………

…………………………

BTW I posted in your magnet thread last week. I will for sure do your mag mod for the clip but I would also want a magnet on the tail, although that should be easy to put one on the outside, or if there is enough room to place one inside under the spring.

beam0

A torch so small and light doesn't need knurling like a heavy torch that could slip out of your hand. On the other hand (oops) it does feel pleasant.

You can change mode easily with one hand by holding it in your smaller fingers and using thumb and first finger on the dial. More importantly perhaps is when it's in use as a headlamp (on your head - rare for me) you can moderate the output using the ring more easily and naturally than any other system, even in cold weather and wearing gloves. The action has little resistance and only enough detent to remain in the selected mode. It's the best system.

I took my dogs out to toilet in the garden about 01:30 using the H10 at 200 lumen. Looking at the flowers and foliage - the colours pop out wonderfully.

Anyone wishing to purchase a H10 should not that I got mine from FastTech with a discount coupon that brought the price of the black version gift set down to $80 delivered. Look under "Discussions (1)"

Having spent some effort praising the H10 I should point out it's downsides.

1. It uses more current than an XHP for the same output level
  2. If left on at 1000 lumen at room temperature it will get too hot to handle, though the same applies to all torches of this size.

Thanks again for the reply with additional info. I agree I like knurling even on small lights. And I too would rarely use it in the headband, I like these angle lights for EDC, work, camping etc.

…………….

…………….

Also for a great deal on the H10 check out M4D M4X’s deal thread, and PM him for the code :wink:

…………….

…………….

Sorry this Armtek Wizard Pro XPH50 thread is getting de-railed by AceBeam H10 discussion, but I guess it’s relevant to anyone considering the AT since these two are the only 2000+ lumen headlights I know of.

I do not have the H10 but the biggest turn off was that Turbo, Max, or whatever you want to call it was only momentary from what I understand. Not knocking the H10 but my whole purpose of a headlamp is to have my hands free.

It took me a bit to get used to the UI of the ArmyTek Wizard 3 but once I did it was easy.....basically click the required times to enter the mode group you want and choose your appropriate level from there.

Another nice thing about ArmyTek Wizard 3 is that any battery will fit, protected or not. Whichever headlamp is a personal choice but whoever buys a one of these new Wizard 3's would be hard-pressed to find regrets. I have been using mine for a little over a week for hours and hours and I am not disappointed. That does not mean that I do not like my other headlamps but I do like this one.

Fwiw, I’ve always liked the texture of Armytek. It has this good grip even without knurling. It does make the light feel like it’s a bit powdery (no actual powder). The main downside is somehow it makes the light dirty looking when I use it. Almost looks like it’s velvet ir something if I rub my fingers across the light.

I prefer the Acebeam H10 UI as it is so much easier to access the light levels, and yes the switch turn on/off is .5 seconds. The turbo mode is probably the only issue of holding it down, but it does get hot quickly where it’s better to have as a safety feature. The Acebeam H10 is a good all around headlamp. The Armytek Wizard Pro XHP50 is also a good light, but accessing the light levels is a little more work to find. The Armytek turbo mode is hands free, but it steps down quickly.

I think I’m ok now with the momentary burst mode on the H10, it seems the 2000+lm burst modes on these heat up so fast you can’t leave it on too long anyhow.

Which tint is yours? Any feedback on the tint would be appreciated.

Thanks I wasn’t aware the finish had a grippy texture to it.

Sounds like you have both? If so is your H10 the MTG2? And what tint is your AT v3?

Would you kindly comment on the tints / comparison, thanks.

The Acebeam H10 is the MT-G2, and it has a nice neutral to warm tint. The Armytek Wizard XHP50 is the Warm White tint, and it has a very warm yellow tint.

Its not really textured exactly, but ArmyTek’s anodizing is so matte that it feels grippy, because it is. There’s really nobody else using this sort of ano and its a very unique finish. I like it a lot, but it does attract fingerprints and/or dirt more than a glossy finish does.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback on these lights, it really helped my decision and I’m sure it will help many others too.

The AT v3 sounds like a great light, but tint-wise I’m thinking I’d be happier with the Acebeam H10, and I also think the mag ring UI will be ideal. I’m thinking I’d want the Desert Tan version too, so It will satisfy 4 attributes I’ve yearned for but don’t have in any of my other lights:

1. MTG2 emitter
2. Mag ring UI
3. Desert Tan color
4. 2000 lm in a pocket light.

But I’m going to have to wait a little while for the extra dough to get it. Hopefully the M4D M4X discount code is still valid when I’m ready.

………………

In the meantime I ordered the Nitecore HC30 in Neutral White to satisfy my immediate need for a NW EDC “dog bone” light.
(Another great deal I found on BLF from M4D M4X in his deals thread - PM him for the code)

Looking for battery opinions for the wizard,I plan to get LG MJ1,so are button tops or flat tops better?

What a heck of a flashlight….Any reviews/outdoor shots with it?

I do not have any pics but you can use ANY battery in this thing. I use flat tops but the tube is long enough to accept the longest protected battery. Get the largest capacity you can get.

Thanks Bugsy,I’m really anxious to get this. I think the 3500 mah is the way to go too.

I use button-top MJ1s in mine and there’s plenty of room to spare. It was obviously built with room for protected cells, which means that any unprotected cell would fit. Its got a spring on the driver though, so flat-top cells would work as well if that’s what you happened to have. Personally I buy button-top cells most of the time though since they work in more lights.