Armtek Wizard Pro xhp50 2300 lumens!

I think I’m ok now with the momentary burst mode on the H10, it seems the 2000+lm burst modes on these heat up so fast you can’t leave it on too long anyhow.

Which tint is yours? Any feedback on the tint would be appreciated.

Thanks I wasn’t aware the finish had a grippy texture to it.

Sounds like you have both? If so is your H10 the MTG2? And what tint is your AT v3?

Would you kindly comment on the tints / comparison, thanks.

The Acebeam H10 is the MT-G2, and it has a nice neutral to warm tint. The Armytek Wizard XHP50 is the Warm White tint, and it has a very warm yellow tint.

Its not really textured exactly, but ArmyTek’s anodizing is so matte that it feels grippy, because it is. There’s really nobody else using this sort of ano and its a very unique finish. I like it a lot, but it does attract fingerprints and/or dirt more than a glossy finish does.

Thanks everyone for all the great feedback on these lights, it really helped my decision and I’m sure it will help many others too.

The AT v3 sounds like a great light, but tint-wise I’m thinking I’d be happier with the Acebeam H10, and I also think the mag ring UI will be ideal. I’m thinking I’d want the Desert Tan version too, so It will satisfy 4 attributes I’ve yearned for but don’t have in any of my other lights:

1. MTG2 emitter
2. Mag ring UI
3. Desert Tan color
4. 2000 lm in a pocket light.

But I’m going to have to wait a little while for the extra dough to get it. Hopefully the M4D M4X discount code is still valid when I’m ready.

………………

In the meantime I ordered the Nitecore HC30 in Neutral White to satisfy my immediate need for a NW EDC “dog bone” light.
(Another great deal I found on BLF from M4D M4X in his deals thread - PM him for the code)

Looking for battery opinions for the wizard,I plan to get LG MJ1,so are button tops or flat tops better?

What a heck of a flashlight….Any reviews/outdoor shots with it?

I do not have any pics but you can use ANY battery in this thing. I use flat tops but the tube is long enough to accept the longest protected battery. Get the largest capacity you can get.

Thanks Bugsy,I’m really anxious to get this. I think the 3500 mah is the way to go too.

I use button-top MJ1s in mine and there’s plenty of room to spare. It was obviously built with room for protected cells, which means that any unprotected cell would fit. Its got a spring on the driver though, so flat-top cells would work as well if that’s what you happened to have. Personally I buy button-top cells most of the time though since they work in more lights.

Which tint is yours? Any feedback on the tint would be appreciated. (my bad if you already posted on this, but if so I couldn’t readily find it)

No problem :)

If you like warm tints...get the NW. Conversely if you like NW tints...get the CW.
Calvin was 100% correct. I have the NW but it really is more like WW.

I have the warm version and I do have to say that at first it felt wierd. Extremely bright of course but no glare and instead of seeing "white" it was more like walking around with a Sun on my head whereas everything would light up as if someone opened the blinds on a sunny day. Just very different, especially if I compare it with my other NW headlamps (Skilhunts). I am going to get another CW version just because I feel like I have to (insanity reasons only) but I really do like this light.

I believe the actual advertising says it's a WW light, not sure why they quoted those weird Kelvin ranges in that email.

I am using for my Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 ( CW ) the 4.35 volts batteries LG ICR18650E1 at 3,200 mAh with the XTAR VP2 to charge them at the maximum 4.35 volts.

At first I was using flat top but when I find out that button top was available I tried them and like them much more because there is no slack in the flashlight, it is more tight & fit in the flashlight.

What I do with my flat top batteries, I put a sleeve around them to be more tight & fit in the flashlight, with this simple trick there is no shaking cell in the flashlight.

The transparent envelope around the cell to hold on the button makes it a little bit larger which is fine for the Wizard Standard, Wizard Pro and Prime C2.

You can see here the flat top and button top side by side.

Space left with flat top Inside the Wizard Pro v3 XHP50.

Space left with button top Inside the Wizard Pro v3 XHP50.

The Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 with my 4.35 volts cells.

I am much better at speaking to you with pics because I am from Montréal Canada and my native language is french.

Nice work CampingMaster, the pics speak for themselves. :wink:

Anyone had one of these opened up? I’m thinking about bumping output in mine, figured I’d ask and see if there were any adventurous souls that’d already been inside… :smiley:

Dale, it’s not bright enough for you? lol. I don’t think there’s enough thermal mass to handle more. What do you think?

I think I’ll bump it. :smiley:

You’re the man! Let us know if it ends up melting down, like Chernobyl… :smiling_imp:

@beam0: FWIW, since you’re concerned about the tint, I’ll give you a quick update on a newer acquisition compared to my Wizard Pro. I couldn’t wait any longer and just ended up getting the Zebralight H600Fd since Zebralight has it in stock right now. I received it in 2 days shipped from Texas. If you’re patient and want the H600Fd, wait till Illumn gets it in stock.

The neutral on the H600Fd is perfect for me and the CRI is awesome. The tint is a bit different than my Zebralight SC5w. Somehow my SC5w seems a bit more white (near hotspot) but more yellow on the spill. The H600Fd seems to be a neutral in between the SC5w’s hotspot & spill, but not as yellow. But it was a bit deceiving to my eyes when making the comparison due to the hotspot of the SC5w. Maybe I need to do the scotch tape over the front trick on the SC5w later at home to compare again. The H600Fd has a bit of the yellow, but just a bit to me and definitely not as much as the warm white Wizard Pro. Using it at home and a little bit outside, it casts a pleasant neutral warm to me. When shining on a white sheet of paper, it doesn’t give it a super yellow tint like with the warm white, but just that slight white/yellow tint. Since you mentioned you like neutral without too much yellow, you may consider the H600Fd.

The floodiness isn’t as nice as the Wizard (doesn’t seem as wide and as even). Its definitely not as bright as the Wizard Pro from this group buy. But I love the Zebralight UI and the tint/CRI on this much better (more of a personal preference). The H600Fd doesn’t come with a clip though, but after browsing forums, the Wizard Pro clip fits perfectly.

That said…the Wizard Pro is still pretty awesome. There are some advantage to each UI. Since I’m right handed, sometimes the button location feels easier to access on the Wizard vs the button at the top on the H600Fd. I like the anodized feel on the Wizard and the magnetic tailcap. But the Wizard is larger and heavier, which makes it feel much more solid but not as comfy when I use it as pocket EDC. Its nice to have the battery indicator flash when using the Wizard.

I can see the H600Fd becoming my larger EDC (much larger & heavier compared to my previous EDC, the Olight S1). But I’d bring the Wizard Pro too for camping purpose in case I want the really bright flood.