As requested, 3 XM-L Driver/Emitter module DIY

Sorry, I am kinda eager on getting this under way and not sure I got you completely.
So, would you start with ordering on his website and then just wait for him to get back?

What's your query? Shipping costs? I had mine shipped to Australia and the cost was minimal.

Thanks for chiming in Mattaus,

PM Responded to.

Hi Mattaus,
Thanks for standing in and all good, P2TK and I are on the way to a beautiful transaction:-)

Can’t wait. These little things are truly amazing!

And to other international buyers - even though P2TK’s website may not list your country as a shipping destination, he has good rates on shipping pretty much anywhere it seems.

Work in progress on my modules (sorry for the crappy phone pics):

Just need to fit the optics. Can't wait to fire these puppies up!

- Matt

Thats some pretty fine machine work there Matt. I must have missed something. Are you building bike lights?

Oh I WISH I machined these. I say work in progress because I am drilling the wire and optic post holes, plus adding the wire gasket into the rear of the modules myself. I also built the 3XML boards as well (thought that was a hard lesson lol).

These are intended for vehicle use. The raised parts at the back actually screw all the way off. The idea is you can mount these to any flat surface with a 20mm hole in them. Theoretically you could make a light bar of any shape with as many or as little of these 'modules' as you like. The best part (in my opinion) is that the pedestal the 3XML module sits on is directly connected to all the fins. It's also machined from a solid chunk of aluminum. Should get nice and warm!

- Matt

Thanks for the added info. You have done an amazing job there. Good luck in your venture.

Thanks. As long as they work for my upcoming camping trip at Perisher that's all that matters!

Hey guys, I know this is resurrecting the dead but does anyone have the 1.21 firmware??????

I really need a copy as I dont have it any more.

Also, could anyone help in reprogramming the board, pickit doesnt want to connect!

Thanks in advance

I have 1.12 firmware and mode designer. Pm me your email.

No help on the pickit though.

Its hard to believe that Pilot has been gone almost 2 years now. Miss that guy..

I don’t. LOL

He owes me a bunch of money on a deal he never finished for me. |(

I guess you could say we'd both like to see him, just for different reasons :)

I wonder whats happened, he was so enthusiastic on this project.

The last anyone heard from him that I know of he just said that he was very busy with work and didn't have time for much else. At the time I was trying to get in touch with him because I had stuff I owed him. He did the layout for the 10mm sinkpads for me and in exchange I gave him some of the baords. After someone finally heard back from him I sent boards in the mail, but have not heard from him since.

Is it just me or do we need this in RMM 219C emitters?

Its actually kinda funny this thread got bumped because I was thinking about doing some similar boards. I just wish there was a better choice to base them off of than Cute 3 optics. They are ok, but not very efficient. They claim 89ish percent, but visually they dont even look that. Plus it would be nice to have some with a tighter beam than the SS.

There are also the 50 mm ledil rocket 3/4 optics. More board space for circuitry.

I have a whole case of Khatod 50mm triple optics I was going to use on my triple lights but they are just sitting. They are nice. I gave up n the project because I could not find a engineer that could design a Driver that would work on a MCPCB.