Aspherical Lens for Maglite !!!

Anyone used one of these??

http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1753

I've had one sitting on my bench for a few months now... I just haven't gotten the urge to do a build-up with one yet. Glass quality could be better...I did some playing around with the lens and artifacts are visible via white wall. Dunno...maybe I'll get around to doing an sst50 build with it....or maybe I'll give it to the kids for a new bug burning toy.

Other than that, they do fit the mag fairly well. You're thinking about it for your xml build, aren't you?

Not exactly, but I have one of these and I believe they are quite similar.

It turns my Mag 3D with MC-E to an impressive narrow flood-to-projecting throw light. There is a gap of ca 1 mm between the bezel and the head with the lens installed and you have to center the lens a bit due to the slightly smaller diameter, but both the bezel and the lens sit firmly.

Negative is that you have some light radiating at right angle from the top of the lens, but that's maybe different with KD's AR-coating.

Hey Match how did you guess yeah i was thinking about it, with the current reflector whilst it does throw well it does require a lot of focusing and can create a large dark spot in the middle if not focused better.

I have a car headlight projector from an Audi A4 (halogen version) but it's very heavy and slightly too big but it does work well.

The standard beam from the xml has a lot of flood not as bad as the P60 versions but as you have seen from my beam shots earlier will completely illuminate my garden which is approx 50 feet wide !!

Hi charels

if your after one i can let you have one of the DX ones

i have 3 or 4 of them i prefer them to the KD one

not as heavy and works well with the led mag upgrades i have

cheers Barrie

can someone post a beam shot of a tight throw with this lens? I am trying to imagine how much tighter the beam size will be compared to my 30mm flood to throw light (by the way that light ships from texas and the seller has great CS)

it have 30 mm lens ???? or 21-22mm lens like all other "x2000"?

29.03mm and it doesn't have the big flat spacer around the permiter, the lens goes all the way to the edge. It has a really tight hotspot, the 2nd picture is a comparison to the C78

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5134/5543859563_fe82b21b7b_z.jpg

is possible to buy this lenses somewhere? cant found them:(

I’m not sure about the lenses posted above, but I sell fresnel lenses that fit Maglite heads very well (no modding required).
I’ve found that the glass lenses on KD and DX typicaly have quite long focal lenghts, so you loose quite a lot of light. The lenses I sell have shorter focal lengths so capture more of the light.

More info here:

regards,
Johan

This 51mm aspherical lens from KD does fit in terms of the diameter. The focal length is around there as well, may need a bit of positioning only.